New Bet Angel Professional Beta 1.37 - API NG

Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Euler wrote:It's to do with the bulk downloading of markets via the API
Just to expand on that. If you look at the Kremlin Cup on the betfair web site, you'll see that there are two nodes called Mens Tournament one above the other, whereas the Womens Tournament is only in the data structure the once. Betfair Market Ops have identified the bug that caused that, so it won't happen again, but we'll be able to workaround it for the next build.
LinusP

Peter as of last month the transaction limits were 1000 as I got charged. However I have been running numerous programs on the same account and haven't been told off yet...
pmanso

When can we have the next build with the fix on the kremlin cup ATP. It's urgent as we can't trade with those games. The problem is not only the tree, all the games from that cup don't appear on the search either. Thanks.
Euler

You can still use the 'old' version of Bet Angel while we fix this, no need to stop trading!
pmanso

Yes I know, but never the less do you have any estimation for the next build. Thanks.
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Probably be Monday afternoon.
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:Ive often exceeded it and cant remember when I last incurred charges..

Yes it still mentioned in the T&C's.

I emailed betfair and asked if they could point me to the T&C's specific to the new API, but they havent responded yet

I emailed betfair and asked the question " Do I need to adhere to the 1000/Transaction/Hr and 20 Dta Requests/Per second when using the new API..Betfair responded:-

Hi Peter,

Thanks for your email.

I can confirm that you will need to adhere by these restrictions still.

Let me know if there’s anything else I can help with. Or maybe our FAQs will come in handy?

We love to tweet too; find us @BetfairHelpdesk.

Thanks,

Ryan Cook

Helpdesk Tel: 0344 871 0000
Ireland Tel: 1800 944 000
Australia Tel: 1300 238 324
International: +44 203 059 8888

Im sure that wrong, but it doesnt instill me with great confidence!
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Whereas we have confirmation that you won't be charged if you exceed the 20 data requests per second and that there is no need to have a data request limiter in any software using the NG API.

EDIT: Just confirmed with betfair. No Data Request charges for NG API, but transaction charges are still in force. The help desk staff are currently just referring to the information displayed on the betfair charges page (which is why you got the message you did) but that page will be rewritten on 1st November when API 6 is retired and the help desk won't refer to data request charges from that point onwards.
Wainwright

That confirmation seems contrary to the API-NG documentation - it states that clients shouldn't exceed 5 listMarketBook calls per second for any one market;

https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... MarketBook

...and that there is a limit to how much information can be requested in any single call;

https://api.developer.betfair.com/servi ... est+Limits

Are BF really advising that there is no need to have a data request limiter for API-NG ?

I imagine they may change their minds after the first NG-only Saturday afternoon :o
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Wainwright wrote:That confirmation seems contrary to the API-NG documentation - it states that clients shouldn't exceed 5 listMarketBook calls per second for any one market;
The key bit there is "for any one market". Betfair have never allowed prices to be retrieved from a single market faster than every 200ms and we've got protection for that built into Bet Angel. However with Bet Angel being designed for multi-market trading with Guardian refresh cycles etc, the 20 calls per second used to limit how quickly these background markets could be refreshed.

That's now been lifted, so if your PC and internet are up to the task, you can refresh the foreground market at 200ms and cycle Guardian at the same rate.
Wainwright wrote:Are BF really advising that there is no need to have a data request limiter for API-NG ?
We've asked a few times over the last year and they are confident their caches will be up to the task and that they won't need to reintroduce the data limiter. Time will tell.
PeterLe

Folks,
Just had conformation from BDP, please see below
Regards
Peter

Hi Peter,

I can confirm that data request charges do not apply for products that are using the new API (API-NG).

I'll make sure that the Helpdesk are aware of this going forward.

Kind Regards,

Neil

Betfair Developer Program
PeterLe

Is anyone running on the new version this afternoon?
If so, could you just take a look at the "Responsiveness of calls to Betfair in milliseconds when retrieving prices" indicator at the bottom of the application?
Mine is showing 2293 although it doesnt seem to be affecting performance??

Edit: Please ignore. I close BA down and restarted it..all seems well again
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Everything has been normal here this afternoon. Are you generally running everything from Guardian? The status bar responsiveness values only feedback on the market loaded into the main trading screen, so perhaps if you had a market loaded into that screen and it went past suspension and into market settlement then it may have ended with a slow refresh.

Anyway let us know if you see it again and we'll investigate.
PeterLe

Hi
I have Guardian loaded up with the days races on a 1 seconds refresh (restricted 1 seconds before the start to 900 thereafter) Im ony using it in play.
Excel isnt connected via Guardian, just via the main excel tab.
The actual counter was 'stuck' showing the same reading (2293ms) which seemed a bit strange..anyway all is well now and its currently showing 15ms
Thanks for the reply
Regards
Peter
Bet Angel
Bet Angel
Bet Angel

Ok, well just let us know if you see it again and we'll look out for it here.

Return to “Bet Angel - Release & version history”