In-play trading | where is the FINAL Hurdle, Jump

The sport of kings.
The Silk Run

Dear Forum members

Can any of you lovely people advise me of the approximate location of a FINAL jump, hurdle at the lower end of the incremental price range.

I am using BA Professional and placing manual BACK trades using the ladder at the lower end of the price range i.e 1.01 - 1.05 where I believe the animal is a likely winner, my visual is in-play trader. I have been having some success with this thus far, but want to mitigate against the likely winner falling at the last jump, hurdle. What would be a safe price window for me to avoid this.

Thank you in advance & Happy New Year
Minnie LAI
BetScalper

Favourites get beaten priced @ 1.01 in all types of markets, including football matches.

At certain horse racing tracks many horses get beaten at very low odds.

You will win 93% of the time but sooner or later you will get turned over and wipe out most of your historical profits.

Good luck.
Euler

According to my, stats prices should be 1.05-1.10 before the last fence depending on a number of factors. But often they will reach 1.01 before the horse has jumped it. Risky business.
Andriy

Hurdle? Chase? Seasoned handicappers? Novices?

3 or 4 horses come to the last together all in with a chance... they may all still be odds against having jumped it....

Horse is 10 lengths clear coming to the last going easily, on a flat course, good ground.... will be sub 1.05

But what if he's 10 lengths clear coming to the last in a 3 mile chase at Cheltenham on soft ground with the hill to be faced?

Answer: how long is a piece of string?
MemphisFlash

a peice of string is twice the distance from the centre to the end!!
The Silk Run

Hello Angels

Thank you for your knowledge base, and kind words of encouragement.

I agree with the risk element attached to this hence the inquiry. Maybe I have been extremely lucky so far, but I don't enter a trade likely. Only once a likely winner meets my criteria will I commit, to date I have genuinely had huge success. Apart from unmatched trades my strike rate is 100%.

I am considering exploring the piece of string theory. Have you back tested this, and can you produce data in support, lol !!!

Keep up the good work
Minnie LAI
Derek27

The Silk Run wrote:
Fri Jan 11, 2019 7:23 pm
I am using BA Professional and placing manual BACK trades using the ladder at the lower end of the price range i.e 1.01 - 1.05 where I believe the animal is a likely winner
If you back a horse at 1.05 you need 95.2% winners just to break even, so it's not a likely winner but a near-certain winner that you need!

The problem with using prices to determine the winner is that you're relying on other punters - the skilled, the not so skilled and the sheer incompetent, to tell you which horse is going to win. Their money will be on first and with the delay there's a fair chance you'll be backing a horse after it's already stumbled and fallen, or been headed and clearly beaten.
Jukebox

Consider it from the other side - I can remove my 1.05 lay bet more quickly (instantly) than you can get a back bet on in running and I can afford more mistakes.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”