General settings

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
JB183604

Hi all

I am new to BetAngel and finding it generally easy to understand and use. One thing is frustrating me though. I keep forgetting to disable the confirmation prompt in the behaviour tab in general settings before placing a trade. This is OK if you are trading interactively, but if you are using automation then the rules file will not work unless you are watching.

Is there any way of automatically disabling this prompt on start up, or alternatively disabling it permanently for automation.

Thanks in anticipation

John Bell
Dallas

Yes, its actually in this FAQ section you posted in at the bottom of the first page ;)
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12880
JB183604

Thanks

Yes, I have tried that and saved the settings. . The problem occurs when I restart bet angel and it loads the (unnamed) default settings with the check box ticked. Unless I remember to untick it or to load my saved settings then automations I kick off won’t work until I manually change settings or untick the check box. Is there any way to untick the check box automatically on start up or alternatively automatically load my preferred saved settings.

Thanks again

John
Dallas

JB183604 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 10:09 am
Thanks

Yes, I have tried that and saved the settings. . The problem occurs when I restart bet angel and it loads the (unnamed) default settings with the check box ticked. Unless I remember to untick it or to load my saved settings then automations I kick off won’t work until I manually change settings or untick the check box. Is there any way to untick the check box automatically on start up or alternatively automatically load my preferred saved settings.

Thanks again

John
You need to also re-save the settings profile your using
In the top left corner click > settings > save settings

If you have multiple settings profiles you need to repeat this for each one
JB183604

Thanks again

But I must be missing something. When I do that and save, it asks me for the name for the settings file, which is fine. But when it restarts it does not start with those settings that I have saved but with an unnamed set of default settings with the confirm check box ticked.

Sorry to be a pain but it is frustrating me that something so simple is eluding me.

Thanks again

John
Dallas

JB183604 wrote:
Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:42 pm
Thanks again

But I must be missing something. When I do that and save, it asks me for the name for the settings file, which is fine. But when it restarts it does not start with those settings that I have saved but with an unnamed set of default settings with the confirm check box ticked.

Sorry to be a pain but it is frustrating me that something so simple is eluding me.

Thanks again

John
On the blue log in window, you have a choice for which settings and layout profiles you want to load up at log in

Then once logged in you can switch between any saved settings profiles you have by selecting from the picklist next to the spanner icon and any saved layout profiles you have by selecting from the picklist next to the monitor icon
https://www.betangel.com/user-guide/usi ... files.html
JB183604

Ah right...... got it at last. And it is persistent between start-ups. Exactly what I was looking for. :D

Sorry for being so obtuse.

Thanks once more.

John

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”