Using two copies of BetAngel on one computer

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
geoffrey1928

Myself and my wife both have different Betfair accounts, I have been using BetAngel, she now wants to take out a separate account with BetAngel, linked to her Betfair account. Can we have two totally different (both paid for) BetAngel accounts running on the same computer, possibly running at the same time?
Dallas

Yes you can do that, just log in as normal using the other BF username and password
geoffrey1928

Yes, but do we just pay for and download another copy of BetAngel? Will it not say there is already a copy of BetAngel downloaded?
Kafkaesque

The technical aspects aside: Have you contacted Betfair with regards to you both having an account, on the same IP?

You might have considered it already, so simply a friendly suggestion, you can freely ignore if you have :) It's bound to raise a red flag with Betfair and should one of you at some stage start making enough profit for PC to become an issue, I would think it could be a huge hassle proving, that you're not into PC avoidance. Better to explain and clear with BF before the fact.
geoffrey1928

Well, it hasn't caused a problem during the last three years, since we both have had a different Betfair account and have mainly used the same computer.
Dallas

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 8:00 pm
Yes, but do we just pay for and download another copy of BetAngel? Will it not say there is already a copy of BetAngel downloaded?
Subscriptions are registered to your username so you'll need to purchase another one of those first
https://www.betangel.com/buy/

Then register it against the new username, after which you will be able to log in with either, there no need to re-download the software
geoffrey1928

No, I don't think you understand, we would both need to be logged in at the same time, so from what you are saying, this is not possible?
whimsies

Yes you can me and the wife us the same computer to run betfair bots etc.

Cheers
geoffrey1928

Whimsies, how do you manage to use two copies of BetAngel on the same computer? My hudband works during the day, but wants to use BetAngel to run his horse racing automation, I also want to use BetAngel, but on different sports.
eightbo

geoffrey1928 wrote:
Sun Mar 24, 2019 10:19 pm
Whimsies, how do you manage to use two copies of BetAngel on the same computer? My hudband works during the day, but wants to use BetAngel to run his horse racing automation, I also want to use BetAngel, but on different sports.
1) Open BetAngel
2) Log in with Geoff's Betfair account
3) Open another BetAngel again from the desktop or the windows search bar (whilst BetAngel 1 is open & logged in)
4) Now log in with your Betfair account (Geoff's should stay logged in etc. in another window)
5) You should now be both logged in simultaneously on the same machine

You can then have the automation running on Geoffs acc and do your own thing on other sports on your own account.

I've found it helps to set the different copies of BetAngel up so they're on different screens or different sides of the same screen.
If you'll be doing this often, find a screen arrangement you like then save the screen layout once on your account with one name, and then again on Geoff's account under a second name. Choose the screen layouts each time you log on in the future.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”