BetAngel Questions - by new user

We were all new to Bet Angel once. Ask any question you like here and fellow forum members promise not to laugh. Betfair trading made simple.
makkad

I'm slowly getting into BA - there's so much to learn - all great btw!!!

However, I find a few things frustrating, probably due to my being unfamiliar with BA

1. The 'log' doesn't work work in real time - User has to exit BA in order for the file to be created.

2. If a Guardian isn't working properly how does the user become aware of this ? e.g. I modified a 'back the steamer' to give ONLY a visual/sound alert (no bets) - but i could not discern whether it was working as there were no alerts.This was just an exercise to familiarise myself with Guardian protocols!!! i.e. there was no indication that it was running in the background. I was looking for a 10 tick swing as per Dallas' program - but no alerts were forthcoming - but didn't know whether it was my fault OR the market. Thumb twiddling......

3. On-screen alerts are all hidden, I only discovered this when I hit the window feature on my laptop (Alt+Tab) and saw lots of BA visual alerts in the background.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated and Thanks to everyone for their kind assistance in my learning so far
Dallas

1) The logs are written in real time, if you were looking at your log page whilst having automation running you would see it writing each entry as it happened. Or if you place a few bets manually then go to the log page you'll see all your activity already there

Log.JPG

2) The following post gives you some advice on where to begin checking if a rule hasn't triggered as intended
viewtopic.php?f=47&t=12557

3) The pop-up alert should always appear on top even if you have windows which are pinned, apply the following file to a market in Guardian (it will just trigger a pop-up alert which says 'Hello' every 10 secs from the moment you apply it)
Alert Test.baf
Let me know how you got on with that
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Bet Angel for newbies / Getting started”