US Presidential Election 2016

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Euler

He slipped a little in the odds, given his hardline stance this sort of thing plays into his rhetoric.

That said, this was a US born citizen, so had little to do with immigration and the US is a nation of recent immigrants so it's a contradiction anyhow to moan about immigration. Perhaps if these words came from a native American then they would ring true.

It's going to be a fun election, Hilary is going to have to harden up.
marksmeets302

Something Bill had no problem with :lol:
marksmeets302

Finally some movement in the democratic nominee market! Now that Hillary won't be prosecuted for using her own mail server her odds are shortening.
LeTiss

After the events in Nice, we might see some movement around Trump's price - he's bound to push the buttons on the Americans over this
Euler

I can't believe how much the French are being targeted, have I missed something?

I think it's inevitable that Trump will run with the populist nationalist agenda and the democrats with the PC stance but it feels like the US will vote him in IMHO. I'd imagine there will be a concerted campaign to keep him out but with Brexit and Terror on the agenda I think it's highly likely he will get in.
LeTiss

It's easy to dismiss Trump as a guy who simply fans the flames, Peter. However, let's not forget something here - political correctness will never solve the world's problems, especially when dealing with disconnected, deranged people - the ghost of Neville Chamberlain would tell you that. I'm already seeing the tree huggers on Twitter.......don't blame Muslims etc. Let's not also forget, our ancestors could have said the same about the Germans - not every German was a Nazi just because of Hitler, but if we'd sat back and done nothing, we'd be having theis conversation in German right now!

Trump is no fool
Euler

It seems politics swings from one extreme to the other over time, but somehow we continue to make progress against all the odds :lol:
hgodden

LeTiss 4pm wrote: I'm already seeing the tree huggers on Twitter.......don't blame Muslims etc.
Hey come on, man, trees give us air!

Air!!! :lol:
shakespeare

LeTiss 4pm wrote:I'm already seeing the tree huggers on Twitter.......don't blame Muslims etc.
Maybe the tree huggers are more rational than you, Tiss. :lol: If a Jew committed an atrocity in the name of Moses, I wouldn't say let's blame other Jews. How about you?
LeTiss

Clinton is trading at 1.01 to be nominated, Trump is trading at 1.03

Yet, on the Next President market Clinton is 1.45 and Trump 3.70 - that is a book of 96%

Something is out of sync there
CLOWNSHOES

shakespeare wrote:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:I'm already seeing the tree huggers on Twitter.......don't blame Muslims etc.
Maybe the tree huggers are more rational than you, Tiss. :lol: If a Jew committed an atrocity in the name of Moses, I wouldn't say let's blame other Jews. How about you?
I cant speak for LeTiss but my views are closer to his than yours on this so ill give you my response.

You say 'A' jew, well theres been a terror attack in france every second month for 18 months running its not 'A' muslim at all. 55,000 UK based (mainly i assume)muslims downloaded a terror manual encouraging using trucks as weapons. To put that in perspective some estimates put ISIS ground troops in sham at only 40,000.

Is every muslim in the world a bad person ? Absolutely not. Should we take a much harder stance against the rogue elements ? Absolutely.
Euler

Turkey has joined in the fun now, so I can only see Trump's odds shortening as he rallies the troops.

History is funny, it's there for us to learn from. But we are doomed to repeats its mistakes.
jimibt

Euler wrote: History is funny, it's there for us to learn from. But we are doomed to repeats its mistakes.
.. groundhog day! (minus the redemption)
gazuty

Trump nominated.

I was wr, wr, wrong.

Let my long PC holiday begin.
LeTiss

LeTiss 4pm wrote:Clinton is trading at 1.01 to be nominated, Trump is trading at 1.03

Yet, on the Next President market Clinton is 1.45 and Trump 3.70 - that is a book of 96%

Something is out of sync there
I made a nice little trade out of that, especially yesterday!

Trump was trading at 1.01 to win the nomination, 3.65 to be President, and yet Republicans were 3.30 to have the next President - those prices were all over the place

Return to “Political betting & arguing”