EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
BetScalper

to75ne wrote:
Thu Nov 15, 2018 8:09 pm
that 1% would need someone to unite them and lead them not with words but action; none of the main players seem to me to have to the charisma let alone the bottle to lead from the front and break the law.
Where is Guyfawkes, I blame him and his co conspiriters for failing....

But he got off lightly as his mates were hanged, drawn and quartered while still alive.

He on the other hand slipped on the ladder to his fate, broke his neck and suffered no pain.

That 1% doesn’t need a leader, I imagine they could cause allot of mayhem on there own.

Time will tell....

If we assume all police officers were armed and they had the full backing of every armed soldier then they would still be out numbered by 9 to 1 given there are currently 1.3 million civilians with a firearms certificate (FAC).

Shooters or gun owners tend to be right of centre and therefore more likely to make up a good percentage of that 1%.

Let’s hope that 1% doesn’t turn into 2, 3, 4 or more percent otherwise the country would potentially be in suicide mode.

Hopefully all the police and armed forces are remainders otherwise the percentages and stats get worse the more you think about it.

Could civil war happen again within the UK in the 21st century ? Most sensible people would say NO.

But then, who thought the UK would vote to leave and DT become president.

We live in strange, very uncertain times....
mobius

The Outbreak of WWI - How Europe Spiraled Into the GREAT WAR - Week 1
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6FgaL0x ... w3KxuKsMvT

All Videos from THE GREAT WAR - chronological order
639 videos 17,747,595 views Updated yesterday
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... w3KxuKsMvT

Theresa May under pressure after Gove rejects Brexit secretary job (6 hours ago BBC)

"Larry the Cat declines Brexit job (Twitter yesterday)

"This event starts in five minutes, five minutes" Peter Webb all bloody day today

I've been watching them for the last few years - something to do while waiting on the geegees starting.

I'm going to back Larry the cat for PM. :?
Dallas

This week could be an interesting one for a number of political markets
Euler

I've been busy scanning all markets to see what potential there is for some trading positions.
LeTiss

Just had a little touch on the Brexit vote - safe to say it's not a volatile market!.........the price is heading one-way, I just jumped on the back
Jukebox

There should be some very safe lays on the 106 name list for next Tory leader
Euler

It's difficult to see how the impasse will be broken.

Labour won't vote for anything as they want power. It could be a vote for a pie and a pint, but if it doesn't help get elected it's not being voted for.
DUP won't vote for anything unless they get what they want.
The SNP won't vote for it as they want independence but also want to belong to a non-independent Union 600 miles away.
1/2 the Conservatives want to remain
1/2 want a full-blooded departure
The EU wants to make it as difficult as possible so nobody else leaves.

So basically nobody is in agreement about anything at all. Meanwhile, the populace is fed up of politicians bickering and being self-important.

Whoever gets into power next will blame Brexit. So the quagmire will continue for at least 10 years.
LeTiss

Brexit was simply a result of the EU, and what they have become -

Look at the events in France, as people call for Frexit - Macron's approval plummets, whilst Le Pen's gathers pace.
Look at the rise of the AfD in Germany
Look at the status of Matteo Salvini in Italy...........he's walking around like a pop star right now

The AfD, Le Pen, Salvini all have something in common - they all despise the EU

Politics is changing in Europe, and Brexit was just a little part of that
Emmson

No buyer's remorse here or anywhere.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 2:20 pm
the populace is fed up of politicians bickering and being self-important.
And no doubt a few politicians are fed up with having careers ruined by dealing with the bickering and self-importance of the populace. ;)
BetScalper

I think the EU will breakup in the next 5 years.

The front runners for Merkels job have said that Germany comes first.

Putin will be loving all this. He will strike against Ukraine when Europe is at its weakest and divided by populism.

The UK, France, Italy, Germany, Spain are in real trouble.

And this time I don’t think the USA is going to come to the rescue.

Russia, USA and China can just carve up what’s left.
LeTiss

Looks like the Brexit vote is being pulled. Absolute humiliation for Theresa May - the 3.50 available for her to leave office by end of 2018 looks tempting
ShaunWhite

LeTiss wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:21 pm
Looks like the Brexit vote is being pulled. Absolute humiliation for Theresa May - the 3.50 available for her to leave office by end of 2018 looks tempting
Is Harry Rednapp on the list? I'm backing Anton du Beke at 80/1.
Jukebox

ShaunWhite wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:08 pm
LeTiss wrote:
Is Harry Rednapp on the list? I'm backing Anton du Beke at 80/1.
You know Harry won't rule himself out until he's got his lay bet on.
Dallas

LeTiss wrote:
Taken a real tumble (2.3 now) as it looks like the 48 letters of no confidence could be in today

Return to “Political betting & arguing”