EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

Brexit Party trading at 4/1 to get 40% or higher of the vote on Thursday, looks good to me but thoughts?
ShaunWhite

Naffman wrote:
Tue May 21, 2019 4:54 pm
Brexit Party trading at 4/1 to get 40% or higher of the vote on Thursday, looks good to me but thoughts?
The question is.... will >80% of leavers vote for them or will > 20% of leavers still have party loyalties or be voting ukip?
I haven't seen much evidence that >80% of leavers what the sort of brexit the brexit party want. What % of leavers do you think are no-dealers? 50% 60%? I can't seem to find a number on that one anywhere, if it could be trusted anyway.

You quite like them so assume lots of others do and think it's long. I don''t like them so assume lots of people don't so think it's plenty short enough. It's probably best if neither of us bet on this one, were' probably too involved to be clinical about it :)

I don't think i'd back it at 4/1 but I wouldn't be suprised if it happened. All the best if you do.
Naffman

I reckon Theresa had a bet looking at the comments she made today, going to make people more infuriated :lol:
Dallas

Going to be a lively day in Parliament tomorrow as Labour tries to push through a motion to give MP's control of the house again on 25th June with a view to then blocking no-deal again
superfrank

Caroline Lucas suggests an all-women "emergency cabinet" could meet to try and stop a no-deal Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49321430

You couldn't make it up!

It's currently looking like the next GE will be in November...
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/p ... .154849135
Archangel

superfrank wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:20 pm
Caroline Lucas suggests an all-women "emergency cabinet" could meet to try and stop a no-deal Brexit.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-49321430
The whole 'if women were in charge the world would be a much better place' idea is waring a bit thin. Theresa May was PM for 3 years and couldnt get anything done with Brexit. Not to mention Thatcher who wasnt known for being warm and cuddly with foreign policy.
Euler

Dogs are very caring and considerate, so I think they should be in charge. Stick a cute Pug in number 10 and you would have an instant majority.
Archangel

Euler wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm
Dogs are very caring and considerate, so I think they should be in charge. Stick a cute Pug in number 10 and you would have an instant majority.
A cute Pug with a cute name = Landslide victory
Euler

superfrank

Archangel wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 3:00 pm
Euler wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:55 pm
A cute Pug with a cute name = Landslide victory
Surely it would have to be a bitch?!
firlandsfarm

superfrank wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 2:20 pm
It's currently looking like the next GE will be in November...
https://www.betfair.com/exchange/plus/p ... .154849135
I expect that to be fairly nailed on. Boris can't work with a majority of 1 but if he can hold out until November it will be a matter of … "they stopped me giving you Brexit now give me the majority to get the job done" or "there you go I got you your Brexit even with this very slim majority now give me the majority to make sure I do everything else". Either way it points to post 31/10 … if he can hold out.
Archangel

Can he actually hold out until November if there is a vote of no confidence in September, which is almost certain ?
firlandsfarm

The problem for the 'no-confidence' vote is that it will need a few Tory rebels (they could just abstain if enough of them) and while they would be prepared to rebel to stop a WTO Brexit I can't see them voting in Corbyn's "Trust me" government. And after losing a no-confidence vote Boris could lay a motion of confidence within 14 days which the rebels could also support to keep themselves in power having used the first vote as a warning to Boris. If you are into politics it's interesting times. :)
Archangel

I still dont really believe Boris and his allies want the crash out no deal option. Its far too risky.
I think the hard line talk is mainly to try to get the EU to budge on the withdrawal agreement, which they arent going to do.
Boris thinks hes Churchill, but he isnt
firlandsfarm

Archangel wrote:
Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:23 pm
Boris thinks hes Churchill, but he isnt
And the EU think they are God which they're not!

Return to “Political betting & arguing”