EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Naffman

The European economy is a mess right now, surely Brexit being in the news even on the mainland is diverting everyone's attention to this...can see it dragging on
ShaunWhite

to75ne wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 4:57 pm
i am watching the commons live debating this and only about a third of mp's are in the chamber? they cant even be bothered with the debate.
It just protocol having that debate. The real action is happening with thumbscrews in the basement. Malcolm Tucker would be loving it.

The BBC are dicing with the watershed rules with that new enormous yellow "Bollocks to Brexit" bus circling in the background :lol:
Dallas

I've had to turn off the news channels an hour or so ago, that moron ringing the bell from his market-cart all afternoon has given me an actual headache.
ShaunWhite

According to the World Service last night there's no way the EU would allow us to back out of Article 50. Nobody wants us back cos we had a preferential deal already and were still a pain in the ass. There's a large, entirely predictable and understandable sentiment of fupp you.

Other World Service news says our new trade deals won't be as good as the current RoW/EU deals we already enjoyed. Everyone is taking the opportunity to improve their deals as we're weakened. Surprise surprise.
Dallas

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 6:48 pm
According to the World Service last night there's no way the EU would allow us to back out of Article 50. Nobody wants us back cos we had a preferential deal already and were still a pain in the ass. There's a large, entirely predictable and understandable sentiment of fupp you.
Earlier today I saw on the BBC site that the Europen court ruled it would be legal for us to revoke article 50 and cancel Brexit without any agreement from the EU
wearthefoxhat

A late rally as MP's arrive for the vote tonight...

brex.PNG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Naffman

You'd have to think anything over 225 for May would be a 'win' for her at this stage
megarain

Decent late money for the 199 votes or less line.

3.25 into 2.74.

Unlucky.

200-209 was 5.5 or so.
Euler

I don't see how the EU will make any concessions to anybody to ease the path of the bill. Let's see.
Dallas

megarain wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 7:50 pm
Decent late money for the 199 votes or less line.

3.25 into 2.74.

Unlucky.

200-209 was 5.5 or so.
I was glad to see those extra few votes land, was weighted more on the 2nd/3rd selections
superfrank

Junker scheduled to make a statement this evening if he's sober enough.

By any measure May has failed - her BRINO "deal" clearly didn't fool enough people.
BetScalper

What we need is a good old war.

Where’s Cromwell when you need him ?

Gufawkes had the right idea but badly executed. Lucky he slipped on the ladder and broke his neck otherwise the fate awaiting him would have been horrific and rather painful....
Naffman

EU says tell us what you want then when UK does and they just say sorry all the member states have already agreed a brexit deal, the EU has to budge otherwise it'll be a stalemate for the foreseeable future as I can't see how May loses a no confidence vote.
megarain

Forex move was interesting.

Spike down a bit, then has clawed back most of todays losses.

Anybodys guess what happens over next 2 mths, but, it seems the bears are losing some grip.

I dont c EU giving much (if anything). Sorta thinking another referendum might happen.

GBP currently 1.2860 to US .. was 1.5x pre brexit referendum .. and has been as low as 1.22
Naffman

Was just going to say that megarain...not complaining but very odd

And agree the EU won't give anything, they are loving this

Return to “Political betting & arguing”