EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
PDC

Sounding like the vote is on and she will win it and remain in power which will strengthen her Brexit deal but still seems to be no chance of that getting through parliament so will be as you were and no closer to a solution to the mess that has been created. My money is on 'the date we leave' (looking more doubtful) being pushed back.

One thing is for sure, I wouldn't want TM's job for the life of me, god knows how she is still standing on her feet, she must be utterly exhausted when you consider where in the world she has been of late and the hours she must be putting in.

I started 'In the thick of it' on Netlfix again last night, seemed appropriate at the current time :lol:
ruthlessimon

Dallas wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:44 pm
Brexit
Last election / Tory majority
US Presidency
But this is a crony vote - 1.13 is pretty tempting :oops:
Euler

Market is saying around 110 will vote against.
Jukebox

worth a dutch
Euler

Had my fingers at the ready but it went to 1.01 quite a few seconds before the vote was officially announced.
ruthlessimon

Bloomberg terminal a bit slow? :D
Jukebox

I was able to dutch with quite a spread (50-129) for £48 on a £200 risk - plenty of opportunities to green before long before the anouncment.
vankancisco

Done some good business on the exit date. There was a major overreaction yesterday with the prospect of today's vote driving it. She's in deep trouble and it seems her only game is now an attempt to gain control of her exit.
ShaunWhite

I see the Right Honorable Member for the 19th Century doesn't like accepting the result of a fair referendum on his leader. :lol:

Hopefully we're seeing the end of that perennially underachieving backbencher and his fundamentalist agenda, not a minute too soon. Bye bye Mogg, jog on old boy.
BetScalper

ShaunWhite wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:11 am
I see the Right Honorable Member for the 19th Century doesn't like accepting the result of a fair referendum on his leader. :lol:

Hopefully we're seeing the end of that perennially underachieving backbencher and his fundamentalist agenda, not a minute too soon. Bye bye Mogg, jog on old boy.
Isn’t there a plan for the rebels to join with Labour and the DUP for a vote of no confidence in the government. If they win then she goes but Labour won’t be able to form a government because the rebels and DUP will fall back in-line and support the government ?
Euler

Wouldn't a no confidence in the government trigger an election? So I think that's unlikely. You almost have two conservative parties now so they wouldn't win an election, they couldn't agree how many sugars to have in a coffee let alone a set of policies.
LeTiss

The DUP are propping up the government - they have been caught between a rock and a hard place, because they have major concerns over the Backstop agreement, but they also don't want to trigger a GE.

GE would be running the risk of Corbyn winning, and due to his longstanding links with the IRA, Corbyn is seen as the face of the devil in the eyes of the DUP
Euler

I agree the DUP would do anything to stop a Corbyn led government.
PDC

Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am
Wouldn't a no confidence in the government trigger an election?
No that is not the case, it would mean TM would have to step down but the Conservatives are allowed to try and form a government without having to hold a GE.
ShaunWhite

PDC wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 11:00 am
Euler wrote:
Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:29 am
Wouldn't a no confidence in the government trigger an election?
No that is not the case, it would mean TM would have to step down but the Conservatives are allowed to try and form a government without having to hold a GE.
+1 Even as a life long Labour supporter it gives me no pleasure at all seeing this Tory chaos, and deep embarrassment at the blatent opportunistic attempts from Labour to get a GE.

From day one you could have written the script we're seeing played out. Brexit isn't a party issue, there should have been a cross-party coillition 'emergency' govt, as there was in WWII. Put the country first, not personal career interests fss !!!

Tbf who would want to win a GE now anyway, it'll be like being handed a baby with a full nappy. :? Labour are still being blamed for the US sub-prime mortage market crash and now they want Brexit on their CV.....madness.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”