EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Dallas

From the debate shows i've seen this week and Question time last night IMO at the moment 'leave' seem to becoming out on top in all of them and getting there argument across much better
hgodden

A lot will depend on voter turnout by age. There's a striking difference between those under 35 who want to stay as opposed to over 35 who want to leave.

http://qz.com/700989/how-brits-of-all-s ... eferendum/
LeTiss

Yes, a valid point hgodden

However, I think that simply shows that older people are totally disillusioned at what this country has become
PeterLe

hgodden wrote:A lot will depend on voter turnout by age. There's a striking difference between those under 35 who want to stay as opposed to over 35 who want to leave.
The Guardian reported that the young voter could hold the key to victory :-

http://www.theguardian.com/politics/201 ... exit-leave

The image attached shows the turnout of young voter in the general election 2015, nearly 50% dont seem to be bothered to vote for whatever reason

I know very few people who say they will vote to remain in (young and old)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

The remain campaign is in trouble judging by the tactics of shouting, insults and smears (ITV debate).

Re the market I think it is expecting the remain side to be able to pull through because of all the resources, establish support and media support it has but maybe people of have had enough of being told what's good for them.

Good quote from elsewhere... "You have a referendum to find out what people want. That is how democracy is supposed to work. Someone should explain this to the establishment."
SeaHorseRacing

The Uk is and will be SH** in or out of the EU.

Why anyone cares anyway. There are negatives and positives on both sides and there will always be a blame in the future no matter the outcome.

Whats good for one is bad for another.

Does it really matter?

Why cant we just be more concerned on curing diseases, enjoying life and make world peace.

Too much wasted energy on crap like this.

Yawn.
to75ne

SeaHorseRacing wrote:The Uk is and will be SH** in or out of the EU.

Why anyone cares anyway. There are negatives and positives on both sides and there will always be a blame in the future no matter the outcome.

Does it really matter?

Why cant we just be more concerned on curing diseases, enjoying life and make world peace.

Yawn.
well if most people felt like you, we may as well as all stay in bed whether you are for staying or leaving the eu.

what a positive attitude you have.

pathetic
SeaHorseRacing

to75ne wrote:
SeaHorseRacing wrote:The Uk is and will be SH** in or out of the EU.

Does it really matter?

Yawn.
well if most people felt like you, we may as well as all stay in bed whether you are for staying or leaving the eu.

what a positive attitude you have.

pathetic

Positive attitude? Pathetic?

What because I believe there are more problems in this world then rather voting on the fact whether I think eastern Europeans should be able to work here care free. Or open the doors for Asian to walk through care free?

Whether I truly care if staying in the EU is going to protect me from terrorist attacks here in the Uk. You know because a total of less then 10 have here in over 10 years.

Yet how many people are dying from cancer?

How many children live in poverty? Here in the UK!

How many people will die this year in a car accident? Roughly 1,500. Same every year!

So this referendum bullshit is going to change this?
Will Children still starv and be abused no matter this outcome?

When are people like you going to realise politician only want whats best for them and there egos and careers.

Yet you think im pathetic and have a negative attitude because I feel people like you are wasting your time caring.

Ok ask yourself this before we joined the EU where were we?
Since we have been in the EU were are we?

The point is. I understand what lives about and its just a waste of time. 20 years time the same shit will happen again.

When are we going to learn form our mistakes.

What do you actually want from life? Because I'm pretty certain what ever happens come June the 23rd it will hardly change any of our lives.

There will be negatives and positives in both angles
Why do you really care.

Why does anyones?

Dont have the cheek to call me pathetic because of my values.

Just wish people would open there eyes. Just because the outcome you believe in is right in your head it will ruin the life of another. Its all one man for themself.
So i suggest you should live with your fingers crossed for the outcome you want to only change again in 5/10/20 years.

Or you can life your life in caring about what really matters. You dont have to vote to care about others and the world.

Dont worry because next year you can all discuss leaving the united nations next year and back to the Scottish referendum next year.

I just wish the racing wasnt overlapping so much today.
SeaHorseRacing

I have something else to add.

Just discuss matters that really do matter.. Like England V Russia tonight!!!

I really hope ENGLAND do well in the euros..

But become the time "if" they win or progress further. The talk will only be about how England should not be allowed to defend their win in 2020 because they left the EU.

#ComeOnEngland
to75ne

ofcause it matters everything you claim to care about ie "curing cancer, children in poverty" and so on, require money and vast amounts of money to solve (even if such problems are solveable).

to have the resources to tackle such problems (and all the rest )requires a functioning economy. thats why the referendum matters. whatever the result the outcome will have a big effect on this country's economy (the very country you consider to be "shit"), and hence our abilty to compete in the world let alone "solve cancer" etc.
SeaHorseRacing

to75ne wrote:ofcause it matters everything you claim to care about ie "curing cancer, children in poverty" and so on, require money and vast amounts of money to solve (even if such problems are solveable).

to have the resources to tackle such problems (and all the rest )requires a functioning economy. thats why the referendum matters. whatever the result the outcome will have a big effect on this country's economy (the very country you consider to be "shit"), and hence our abilty to compete in the world let alone "solve cancer" etc.

Thats what there making you out to think.

The point is we dont have to be in or out to do this.
Its cat and mouse. 15 years ago we joined now were probably leave.. then were join.

When are we going to realise this is not the way to resolve our problems.

Yes your right.. There is a more favorable outcome for our future.. however Blair effed up the NHS. Now we have Cameron. Its a never ending cycle of dividend.
We want a cure not a fix.

We need treatment not pain killers.

Its the same shit. Short term fixes. Short term Fixes. Short term fixes.

We will be in the same boat again. We defeated the IRS the taliban now its IS..

Its just a cycle.

We need real change and all this referendum does is short term fixes and makes one politician a twat and the other a Maggie thatcher.

We need real change. Use the money on this voting on the children or something!
superfrank

SeaHorseRacing wrote:Its the same shit. Short term fixes. Short term Fixes. Short term fixes.
+1

mass immigration is a short-term fix for cheap labour and a long-term disaster. there's more to life than GDP.
Mikky

SeaHorseRacing wrote:I have something else to add.

Just discuss matters that really do matter.. Like England V Russia tonight!!!

I really hope ENGLAND do well in the euros..

But become the time "if" they win or progress further. The talk will only be about how England should not be allowed to defend their win in 2020 because they left the EU.

#ComeOnEngland
EU is not Europe. The vote is to leave a politcal union, not Europe as a whole. There would be no valid reason for us not to continue playing in the Euro championships.
superfrank

Leave seems to be building real momentum and now less than 2/1.

:D
Zapata

A MUST read article:

'Birth of superstate: Frederick Forsyth on how UNELECTED Brussels bureaucrats SEIZED power'

http://www.express.co.uk/news/politics/ ... ized-power

Return to “Political betting & arguing”