EU Membership Referendum (Brexit)

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 9:42 am
Bercow selects Letwin amendment - 'yes' out to 4.0
Haha Haha BOOM
Euler

Screenshot 2019-10-19 09.47.14.png
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
nikolong

can you see this attachment, that was the Oliver Letwin amendment I guess
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

Am I right in thinking 'The pissed up dandelion' is going to get his deal through, the ERG just dropped the "Yes" back side of the book down to 1.7 what a bloody rollercoaster this market is.
Dallas

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:00 pm
Am I right in thinking 'The pissed up dandelion' is going to get his deal through, the ERG just dropped the "Yes" back side of the book down to 1.7 what a bloody rollercoaster this market is.
Its turning out to be an even more barmy market than i expected
jamesg46

Dallas wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:03 pm
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:00 pm
Its turning out to be an even more barmy market than i expected
Half of me wants the Letwin to be voted through so the chaos continues, it makes for a brilliant market.
jamesg46

Whenever that fella speaking for the SNP turns up with a pile of paper, you know it's going to be a long day.
whimsies

Unsigned letter you have got to admire that idea.
BetBuddy

whimsies wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 12:08 am
Unsigned letter you have got to admire that idea.
Plus a second letter saying we dont want an extension.

Plus a third letter reminding the EU that we will refuse to pass on intelligence information if they offer another extension. Given whats going on in the middle east that could sway Macron and others to just say enough is enough and the UK should basically leave asap. In such circumstances the UK parliament would have no choice but to accept no deal or revoke article 50 before the 31st of October 2019.
Naffman

I imagine a lot of Labour MP's will be worried we will crash out with no deal - clever from Boris imo, only as long as the EU hold firm and don't grant us a delay then I can see him getting the numbers
gazuty

Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:27 pm
Its all nationalist nonsense!
Being well travelled I hate nationalism. The more you travel the more you realise everybody is fairly similar and in fact the world would be a better place if we all got on together. Human nature is an odd thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4
Humans are groupish. It is in our dna, becasue humans who were not groupish and were excluded from the group - died - and their genes were not as sucessful as those who fitted in to the group. Hence shame is perhaps the most powerful negative emotion humans feel. We don't have ancestors that weren't strongly groupish.

There are groups everywhere and involved in everything we do. From participating in this forum, using this software, participating in the market, choosing our football team, driving our brand of car, wearing a brand of clothes - every single thing in the end is driven to be part of the group or to rebel against the group (to build favour from another group). To want to be part of a group is human.

I did once wrestle with the idea, can't we all just be friends and get along. Trouble is, there are good ideas and bad ideas, good people and bad people. I believe in individual freedom and liberty. So I have to tolerate bad ideas and bad people, to a certain extent. Everyone getting along is a utopia that can't occur with the natural variation within our species (that natural variation is ultimately a good thing which will lead to species survival).

In the meantime, we need to find ways to stop us killing each other, forming large groups and engaging in war just because the imaginery figmen in the mind x calls god is different from the imagery being in the mind that y calls god. Part of the ways to stop large group killing each other does (in part) involve nation states. There are probably also other ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

Towards greater knowledge.
Dublin_Flyer

On a more serious note, my ex from almost 20 odd years ago that I spent the Aug bank holiday with in Thorpe Park thinks we should get married so she can get an Irish passport. She has massive tits.

Ireland/UK travel and work restrictions don't apply post-Brexit as there's an agreement in place since decades ago that predates the EU that allows the Irish and UK to freely travel between each other, and work in each others countries without restrictions. That's for personal stuff though, anything business or bank related is still under the remit of the EU. So regardless of that....

Anyway massive tits, huge :o :lol:
gazuty

Dublin_Flyer wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 8:26 am
On a more serious note, my ex from almost 20 odd years ago that I spent the Aug bank holiday with in Thorpe Park thinks we should get married so she can get an Irish passport. She has massive tits.

Ireland/UK travel and work restrictions don't apply post-Brexit as there's an agreement in place since decades ago that predates the EU that allows the Irish and UK to freely travel between each other, and work in each others countries without restrictions. That's for personal stuff though, anything business or bank related is still under the remit of the EU. So regardless of that....

Anyway massive tits, huge :o :lol:
Your theme worked for me.
jamesg46

gazuty wrote:
Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:25 am
Euler wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:49 pm
greenmark wrote:
Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:27 pm
Its all nationalist nonsense!
Being well travelled I hate nationalism. The more you travel the more you realise everybody is fairly similar and in fact the world would be a better place if we all got on together. Human nature is an odd thing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QsPDT5qHtZ4
Humans are groupish. It is in our dna, becasue humans who were not groupish and were excluded from the group - died - and their genes were not as sucessful as those who fitted in to the group. Hence shame is perhaps the most powerful negative emotion humans feel. We don't have ancestors that weren't strongly groupish.

There are groups everywhere and involved in everything we do. From participating in this forum, using this software, participating in the market, choosing our football team, driving our brand of car, wearing a brand of clothes - every single thing in the end is driven to be part of the group or to rebel against the group (to build favour from another group). To want to be part of a group is human.

I did once wrestle with the idea, can't we all just be friends and get along. Trouble is, there are good ideas and bad ideas, good people and bad people. I believe in individual freedom and liberty. So I have to tolerate bad ideas and bad people, to a certain extent. Everyone getting along is a utopia that can't occur with the natural variation within our species (that natural variation is ultimately a good thing which will lead to species survival).

In the meantime, we need to find ways to stop us killing each other, forming large groups and engaging in war just because the imaginery figmen in the mind x calls god is different from the imagery being in the mind that y calls god. Part of the ways to stop large group killing each other does (in part) involve nation states. There are probably also other ways.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wupToqz1e2g

Towards greater knowledge.
Without dark, we wouldn't know light, without left, we wouldn't know right, without sad, we wouldn't know happy and on and on... we have to hate something in order to love something. Nationalism & Globalism is no different... society imo rides the wave of each but its simple, you need one to highlight the other. Without broke, there is no fix.
ShaunWhite

There's a lot of higher thinking about the human condition here and it's nice to hear. It's just a shame that the so many people in the wider world would just respond with a grunt.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”