Brecon and Radnor by-election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
superfrank

Dallas wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:21 pm
I have no idea at all on the actual rules but automatically assumed that because of the number of times both Chucka and Soubry have been asked to call a by-election instead of giving excuses - wouldn't they just say I'm not allowed to if it wasn't within their power?
Chukka, Soubry et al could resign and trigger by-elections if they so wished. What Shaun said in post 2 was effectively false.

They stood at the last election on manifestos that vowed to respect the referendum result and leave the EU. Surely to resign and stand anew would be the honourable thing to do?
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:17 pm
FAKE NEWS, methinks :D
hilarious.
Fake news as you well know is deliberate, it's propaganda, in this case it was a mistake for which I have no problem admitting.
I'll even resign my seat and you can elect someone else to take my place if it makes you happy.
brimson25

I hope you're very comfortable in your seat, mate. Enjoy it.
ShaunWhite

superfrank wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:30 pm
What Shaun said in post 2 was effectively false.
Yep my comment was wrong, and yours that went on about how everyone you like is so awesome, and how everyone else is scum is completely true.
Happy now?
ShaunWhite

brimson25 wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:51 pm
I hope you're very comfortable in your seat, mate. Enjoy it.
:) I shouldn't even be on here. I'm suposed to be mowing.

In all seriousness, sorry frank, I did f-up my info, you were right about the proceedures.
superfrank

No worries. I do like Carswell, you're right about that - 'not so keen on Soubry!
firlandsfarm

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Jun 21, 2019 3:16 pm
"Carswell originally designated a £1 million flat in London as his second home, and claimed over £21,000 for food, rent and furniture"
they were all 'at it' and remember a Blears in the hand was worth two Carswells in the bush!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Dallas

superfrank

A win for the Lib Dems as expected but it was a bit closer than the betting suggested - I missed the market last night. Was there any decent action?

The Brexit Party managed twice as many votes as Labour and cost the Tories the win suggesting they'll continue to hold Johnson's feet to the fire.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”