US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
gazuty

Aarondewit wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 4:10 am
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Aug 20, 2020 3:48 am
As usual, a powerful speech from Barack Obama.
He's the best orator I've ever seen. Amazing the contrast with Trump. Just a shame it's mostly pointless guff; just like his presidency.
I've listened to a quite a few speeches from this list - https://www.americanrhetoric.com/top100speechesall.html

And I'm always drawn to these two from Ronnie:
Naffman

Well over those 4 days did the Democrats actually come up with any policies or was it 'vote for us cos we're not trump'...embarrassing.
Anbell

Naffman wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:27 am
Well over those 4 days did the Democrats actually come up with any policies or was it 'vote for us cos we're not trump'...embarrassing.
it's not a bad argument tbh
Jukebox

Naffman wrote:
If half the electorate don't really agree with your policies why remind them of it when you have something else that you can agree with them on.
Naffman

Jukebox wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:07 am
Naffman wrote:
If half the electorate don't really agree with your policies why remind them of it when you have something else that you can agree with them on.
Didn't work in 2016 though, seems they are going for the same approach
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Fri Aug 21, 2020 10:45 am
Didn't work in 2016 though, seems they are going for the same approach
In fairness Biden should just stand there and say 'Vote for me for no reason other than I promise 50% of my administration won't be indicted'
Naffman

Trump was going to win anyway imo but BLM have handed him victory on a silver platter
gazuty

I'm amazed at trends in language and how "black" has suddenly become "Black" even when unassociated with BLM.

So now I read in the woke NYT, that "a Black woman ..."

Classic example of Newspeak.
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 am
I'm amazed at trends in language and how "black" has suddenly become "Black" even when unassociated with BLM.

The same media that say we shouldn't look at a person's skin colour, and people are sick of it, it definitely feels worse than in 2016
gazuty

Naffman wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:56 am
gazuty wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:46 am

The same media that say we shouldn't look at a person's skin colour, and people are sick of it, it definitely feels worse than in 2016
Yep, MLK is rolling in his grave.
jamesg46

Society is currently where?
MSM knows it sells, Politicians using it as leverage, far left & right groups build their base upon it & now the education system wants to teach about it.

What a mess.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jimibt

jamesg46 wrote:
Wed Aug 26, 2020 10:06 am
Society is currently where?
MSM knows it sells, Politicians using it as leverage, far left & right groups build their base upon it & now the education system wants to teach about it.

What a mess.
looks like we're positioned somewhere between #Fear and #Anger imho...
Naffman

Almost a 50/50 game, Trump has come roaring back from 3+
gazuty

Naffman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 am
Amazing. In my own time, I don't think any other candidate has had such large sections of the media outright campaigning against them (it's way more than "reporting" the news), together with the so called majority of "elite" opinion. And yet Trump remains well and truly in contention.

Can't wait for the debates. Hoping for moments of pure entertainment like this (admittedly from a VP debate) - and so much waffle in the answer, which is what got him in to trouble in the first place - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaEC-C4Y20

And this one from Billy Jefferson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffbFvKlWqE

Will there be a debate moment where Trump wipes the floor with Biden? or can Biden muster something he is yet to show?
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 8:42 am
Naffman wrote:
Fri Aug 28, 2020 5:29 am
Amazing. In my own time, I don't think any other candidate has had such large sections of the media outright campaigning against them (it's way more than "reporting" the news), together with the so called majority of "elite" opinion. And yet Trump remains well and truly in contention.

Can't wait for the debates. Hoping for moments of pure entertainment like this (admittedly from a VP debate) - and so much waffle in the answer, which is what got him in to trouble in the first place - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMaEC-C4Y20

And this one from Billy Jefferson - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7ffbFvKlWqE

Will there be a debate moment where Trump wipes the floor with Biden? or can Biden muster something he is yet to show?
The media have tried and failed in the US, UK and Aus for the last decade and failed every time, it almost makes me think it's some reverse psychology as it's unbelievable how they think it's working :lol:

The debates will be hilarious, get the popcorn ready! Especially if Biden challenges Trump's handling of covid yet when Trump stopped flights coming in Biden criticised him then he's going to get torn to shreds.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”