US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
jamesg46

Thoughts on Facebooks new rules,

https://youtu.be/J_xQWi186RQ

Its going to the courts isn't it & Pelosi gets the Whitehouse.
Naffman

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 am

Pelosi will be too busy suing that salon owner ;)
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 am

Pelosi will be too busy suing that salon owner ;)
That whole salon episode hurt my head. The conspiracy guys were all over it (SB-145.) Sometimes I wish I had never looked down these paths but it's way better than Love Island or Towie.
NickH

I find it quite annoying that the graph is messed up due to the higher prices in an earlier stage. No way you can see the trends on the graphs currently, just will have to do it based on observations pre- and postsleep..
Dallas

NickH wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:59 am
I find it quite annoying that the graph is messed up due to the higher prices in an earlier stage. No way you can see the trends on the graphs currently, just will have to do it based on observations pre- and postsleep..
Use the IP% chart
NickH

Thanks for that tip Dallas, forgot about that option!
Naffman

Harris visited Jacob Blake (yes the guy accused of attempted rape, had a warrant out for his arrest and didn't comply with officers) yesterday...it's simply quite amazing how the Dems aren't distancing themselves from BLM, especially Harris who's view on law and order has completely changed overnight it seems.

The people who ardently support BLM would've voted for Biden anyway (as he's not Trump) but they're isolating those people sitting on the fence.

And if you want to see how bad the polls are atm there was one from Texas that has Trump up by only 1 pt. , that's just ridiculous.
gazuty

Good article - Police violence the rush to judgement - https://quillette.com/2020/09/08/police ... -judgment/
Naffman

gazuty wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:49 am
Good article - Police violence the rush to judgement - https://quillette.com/2020/09/08/police ... -judgment/
Yes don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.
LeTiss

I genuinely fear what's happening in USA, because you can see it spreading here

The Black Live Matter movement isn't bringing down the barriers of racism at all. It's doing the opposite, it's creating divisions, race wars, and even soft versions of Apartheid.......we have proposals for black only universities, and job quotas (especially on TV.....despite the nation being officially 82% white). The list goes on

This will not lead to harmony. Anything but
jamesg46

gazuty wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 9:49 am
Are you on the side of social justice or are you on the side of racial oppression. This is the exact place that millions of people found themselves in over night & if you didn't take part in putting a black square as your profile picture, then assumptions were made. We lost friends over not doing that.

I couldn't put myself or my family in a situation that sees people through colour, I have massive issues when people refer to someone as "that black lad" or "that white guy" of course there is more to it than just those two examples but ffs how hard is it to use their name instead of colour.

Racism exists inside of every culture & through integration with younger generations, society was slowly but surely winning the fight. I have seen first hand racist jokes, memes and comments come from the older generations around me (from multiple ethnic backgrounds) but the younger generation go to school and are friends with people that have come from all around the world, they don't see the other children as "that Polish guy" or that "black kid" they see them as friends & i will not participate in something that changes this outlook.

BLM changes that for me & imo its nothing more than an attempt to fan what was smoulder back into a bonfire & political parties that support it are only doing so because they see the movement as a train to political gain, but what they've actually done is made racial tensions worse and there is no back tracking, you cant fight racism with racism.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Lutruwita

LeTiss wrote:
Wed Sep 09, 2020 10:19 am
I genuinely fear what's happening in USA, because you can see it spreading here

The Black Live Matter movement isn't bringing down the barriers of racism at all. It's doing the opposite, it's creating divisions, race wars, and even soft versions of Apartheid.......we have proposals for black only universities, and job quotas (especially on TV.....despite the nation being officially 82% white). The list goes on

This will not lead to harmony. Anything but
Exactly. It's insanity and very disturbing.
firlandsfarm

What really annoys me is that the anti-racism policies are racist. Take the Sasha Johnson tweet above if the roles were reversed and a white person had said that about black people they would immediately be shouted down and labelled racist.
Last edited by firlandsfarm on Thu Sep 10, 2020 2:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Trader Pat

I think its important to remember that people like Sasha Johnson don't speak for the majority of black people in the UK no more than Tommy Robinson speaks for the majority of white people.

It's always easy to cherry pick tweets and twitter accounts that back up whatever point you're trying to make.

For the record I agree with most on here that the whole 'movement' has gone way too far now and has turned into a giant politicised bandwagon.
Derek27

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 1:00 pm
I think its important to remember that people like Sasha Johnson don't speak for the majority of black people in the UK no more than Tommy Robinson speaks for the majority of white people.

It's always easy to cherry pick tweets and twitter accounts that back up whatever point you're trying to make.

For the record I agree with most on here that the whole 'movement' has gone way too far now and has turned into a giant politicised bandwagon.
+1, that's exactly what I was going to say. Don't even know who Sasha Johnson is, she's not one of my former girlfriends. :)

Return to “Political betting & arguing”