US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
LeTiss

I think Trump looks good value. Biden will get his ass spanked in the TV debates and even if he hangs on for victory, I expect Trump to gain support in the betting markets prior to the polling day
Trader Pat

LeTiss wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 3:10 pm
I think Trump looks good value. Biden will get his ass spanked in the TV debates and even if he hangs on for victory, I expect Trump to gain support in the betting markets prior to the polling day
Definitely potential for Trump's price to come in (thats where my position is weighted) but I dont think it will get to 1.01
Euler

It feels like the Democrats put up Biden because he was due a shot, not because he was a strong candidate that could focus on Trump's weak points.

I'd imagine it will be the same old which one is the least worst viewpoint.

Free markets and liberty run deep in the US so that's how you get people to vote for you. Trump will play that hard you would think.
Trader Pat

Euler wrote:
Fri Aug 07, 2020 4:52 pm
It feels like the Democrats put up Biden because he was due a shot, not because he was a strong candidate that could focus on Trump's weak points.

I'd imagine it will be the same old which one is the least worst viewpoint.

Free markets and liberty run deep in the US so that's how you get people to vote for you. Trump will play that hard you would think.
Well he did win the Democratic primaries but the problem was the candidates that excited people were too far to the left to win a general election and they couldnt even unify their own party to win the nomination. Hillary then Biden arent exactly going to excite anyone.
Naffman

Seen a few clips of Biden this week and he seems to be getting worse...for someone who's been in politics for over 50 years to get triggered so easily is crazy.

The debates will be hilarious as Biden has shown he'll bite so Trump will make him look a fool
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 7:26 am
Seen a few clips of Biden this week and he seems to be getting worse...for someone who's been in politics for over 50 years to get triggered so easily is crazy.

The debates will be hilarious as Biden has shown he'll bite so Trump will make him look a fool
If he is to be made the fool of, the only eyes that will see it are the ones on the right. The same can be said the other way around, Trump is never the fool in the eyes of the right.

The meme below constantly gets posted by Democrats, to prove what I say, go and look how many Democrat politicians were part of the KKK, i don't want to be biased, there were Republicans too but it shows beautifully how tribalism breeds ignorant fools.

Both the Left & the Right have a deep understanding of their base & what fuels their emotions.... the clips, memes, news articles, tweets, blogs, Web pages etc you see are nothing more than a weapon in an information war & that's why we are seeing mass censoring and politicians taking on big tech, its a race to plant a seed.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
jamesg46

I find this intriguing, if Joe Biden is so popular and Trump is such a bad guy then how do we explain the followers?

Now the comment section would indicate that the left is bigger than the right but the follower count suggests that the right is bigger than the left.

Are masses of the left so bitter that they follow Trump on a huge ratio more than they follow Biden just to abuse him or do the right not exist on the same scale, because if they did, would they not be doing the same to Bidens account (on the same scale)?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
sionascaig

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 10:55 am
I find this intriguing, if Joe Biden is so popular and Trump is such a bad guy then how do we explain the followers?

Now the comment section would indicate that the left is bigger than the right but the follower count suggests that the right is bigger than the left.

Are masses of the left so bitter that they follow Trump on a huge ratio more than they follow Biden just to abuse him or do the right not exist on the same scale, because if they did, would they not be doing the same to Bidens account (on the same scale)?
Because lots ignorant of people will follow anything that resembles a large t*t?
jamesg46

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:02 am
jamesg46 wrote:

Because lots ignorant of people will follow anything that resembles a large t*t?
Do you mean ignorant people on both sides of the political spectrum or just one side in particular?
sionascaig

jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:19 am
sionascaig wrote:
jamesg46 wrote:

Do you mean ignorant people on both sides of the political spectrum or just one side in particular?
Both (was being a bit facetious though)... Although I really struggle to get Trump I can see why people would follow him just for entertainment value.
jamesg46

sionascaig wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:37 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 11:19 am
sionascaig wrote:

Both (was being a bit facetious though)... Although I really struggle to get Trump I can see why people would follow him just for entertainment value.
Yeah, i can see that people would do that too. I feel its a sad life for those people but I can definitely see people doing that.

I'd suggest though that those people don't account for the 77 million difference.
Trader Pat

I don't understand the obsession with the debates, I don't think they'll have as much of a bearing this time around as they would in a normal election cycle.
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:11 pm
I don't understand the obsession with the debates, I don't think they'll have as much of a bearing this time around as they would in a normal election cycle.
Because no one is doing rallies so it's really the only chance they get to see them...and 84 million people watched the 1st debate between Trump and Clinton, that's a huge percentage of the population
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Because no one is doing rallies so it's really the only chance they get to see them...and 84 million people watched the 1st debate between Trump and Clinton, that's a huge percentage of the population
Like I said 2016 was a normal election cycle, this isn't. I'd say a lot more people's minds are already made up and while the debates will of course have huge viewing figures I dont think they're going to be as relevant to how people vote.
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:35 pm
Naffman wrote:
Sun Aug 09, 2020 2:19 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Like I said 2016 was a normal election cycle, this isn't. I'd say a lot more people's minds are already made up and while the debates will of course have huge viewing figures I dont think they're going to be as relevant to how people vote.
People really haven't seen Biden the past few months, yes because if everything but also because his team know the less you see of him the better. When he goes on stage against Trump without any help everyone will see his true colours...like he did to a supporter a few months ago he'll call trump fat and challenge him to some push ups :lol:

Return to “Political betting & arguing”