US Presidential Election 2020

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Trader Pat

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:37 pm
When this election is over I'm going to do everything I can to avoid American news and politics
You'll have to avoid the news altogether - there's no getting away from American politics. :)
Yep its not going to be easy! Think I'll go back to getting my news by looking out the window! I know that means I'll get a very localised view of the world but it doesnt seem to have done the Americans any harm :?
Lutruwita

Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:45 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:38 pm
Trader Pat wrote:
Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:37 pm
When this election is over I'm going to do everything I can to avoid American news and politics
You'll have to avoid the news altogether - there's no getting away from American politics. :)
Yep its not going to be easy! Think I'll go back to getting my news by looking out the window! I know that means I'll get a very localised view of the world but it doesnt seem to have done the Americans any harm :?
Have you read Alain De Botton's book on the news? I laregly concur. The news is mostly guff and the less you consume the better.
Derek27

There used to be a paper in the UK that only printed good news, but it hasn't had anything to print for the last 15 years. :lol:
Naffman

Looking at the Aus. election the winning party was 6% behind in the TPP 2 months before, the week before still 2-4% behind and the exit polls had them 4% behind, they won by 1.5% in the end and cleaned up.

People probably feel like they'll be victimised if they say they support Trump as it's shown in the news almost daily, Trump is going to continue to get stronger through the debates so people who completely trust the polls are barking up the wrong tree imo.
Vaz0202

Naffman wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 6:42 am

People probably feel like they'll be victimised if they say they support Trump as it's shown in the news almost daily, Trump is going to continue to get stronger through the debates so people who completely trust the polls are barking up the wrong tree imo.
It is like the Bradley effect (discounting the race)
Trader Pat

Naffman wrote:
Most people who support Trump watch Fox news so they probably have no idea or care what other news channels are saying. I agree you should never completely trust the polls but you should never completely discount them either.
gazuty

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 12:24 pm

Most people who support Trump watch Fox News
Evidence?
Trader Pat

gazuty wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Evidence?
There's actually lots of articles about this if you google it but its mostly from sources like CNN, Washington Post etc... and I'm guessing you'd have an issue with those sources so here's one from the Pew Research Institute

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -fox-news/

Are you going to be asking everyone who makes a statement on the thread for evidence to back it up or just people you disagree with? There's a cognitive bias in there somewhere.
Naffman

Trader Pat wrote:
Naffman wrote:
Most people who support Trump watch Fox news so they probably have no idea or care what other news channels are saying. I agree you should never completely trust the polls but you should never completely discount them either.
I voted Boris in the 2019 election and live in a Conservative dominated constituency but would still be cautious as to who I would tell.
gazuty

Trader Pat wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:35 pm
gazuty wrote:
Fri Sep 04, 2020 1:08 pm
Trader Pat wrote:

Evidence?
There's actually lots of articles about this if you google it but its mostly from sources like CNN, Washington Post etc... and I'm guessing you'd have an issue with those sources so here's one from the Pew Research Institute

https://www.pewresearch.org/fact-tank/2 ... -fox-news/

Are you going to be asking everyone who makes a statement on the thread for evidence to back it up or just people you disagree with? There's a cognitive bias in there somewhere.
Thanks - I was genuinely interested in the data, and the link you posted is itself interesting.
jamesg46

Thoughts on Facebooks new rules,

https://youtu.be/J_xQWi186RQ

Its going to the courts isn't it & Pelosi gets the Whitehouse.
Naffman

jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 am

Pelosi will be too busy suing that salon owner ;)
jamesg46

Naffman wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 11:06 am
jamesg46 wrote:
Sat Sep 05, 2020 9:52 am

Pelosi will be too busy suing that salon owner ;)
That whole salon episode hurt my head. The conspiracy guys were all over it (SB-145.) Sometimes I wish I had never looked down these paths but it's way better than Love Island or Towie.
NickH

I find it quite annoying that the graph is messed up due to the higher prices in an earlier stage. No way you can see the trends on the graphs currently, just will have to do it based on observations pre- and postsleep..
Dallas

NickH wrote:
Tue Sep 08, 2020 10:59 am
I find it quite annoying that the graph is messed up due to the higher prices in an earlier stage. No way you can see the trends on the graphs currently, just will have to do it based on observations pre- and postsleep..
Use the IP% chart

Return to “Political betting & arguing”