Scottish Independence Vote

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
BJGardner

Not into British politics but someone said a lot of the labor seats are held in Scotland so if they do go independent that would pretty much make england a one party democracy. As I say, I've no idea but heard quite a well educated person saying that at golf yesterday. Any truth in it?
Yes Labour governments nearly always need their Scottish MPs for an outright, Westminster majority I think.
to75ne

whatever the result this as opened up one bastard of a can of worms.

in my opinion we will all suffer a whole lotta grief over this in the coming years (scottish, english, welsh, northern irish), cant see anything good coming out of this at all. :(
Euler

+1
LeTiss

I think there's an emotional connection between Scots wanting independence and people voting UKIP

There seems to be a growing resentment of centralised politics these days, and people are becoming more disconnected and resentful of being governed by others that do not understand them or represent them
superfrank

people are attracted to UKIP for more sensible reasons tho, i.e. they don't agree with mass immigration or being lumped in a union with Romania, Bulgaria and Greece among others (and have had no say on it).

the Scots thing is more blatant nationalism imho.
marko236

marko236 wrote:I work in a place with about 60 workers, the yes vote is about 85%.
Found a few more no voters at work, some think taxes will go up and also people think there house prices will drop in value.

My vote is in :D
Euler

Tomorrow morning around 8am we will know the opinions of millions of people in Scotland, we will have an answer on a huge debate of great significance. What decision will they make?

Will it be an iPhone 6 or the iPhone 6+?
marko236

Jeff hasn't made any comments lately? maybe he's made a run for the border, probably caught up in some barbed wire at the moment :shock:
PeterLe

The No note has come in 6 or 7 ticks since this morning..Im just wondering whether to green up..what are you guys doing?
marko236

PeterLe wrote:The No note has come in 6 or 7 ticks since this morning..Im just wondering whether to green up..what are you guys doing?
Surly it can't go much more. It's so low i'm thinking about putting in a lay bet.
superfrank

the pound has risen today and not very volatile considering so looks like the markets think it's a done deal No.
Euler

Tricky one, I guess some of this is down to when votes are announced and how they are counted. You can't help but think that somebody somewhere has their finger on the pulse.
Euler

Looking at the price, it appears to be decaying in line with time value.
PeterLe

Im fairly sure its going to be a no, but Ive greened up now anyway.
Good luck to anyone still trading it
Regards
Peter
LeTiss

Huge run on 'no' now

Perhaps it's not going to be as close as the Nationalists would like

Return to “Political betting & arguing”