2015 UK General Election

Betfair trading & Punting on politics. Be aware there is a lot of off topic discussion in this group centred on Political views.
Archangel

David Cameron has gone odds on to be next PM on Betfair
LeTiss

Euler wrote:My earliest memories as a child were the mid 70's, it was a disaster. I remember cleaning my teeth with what little toothpaste we had and the lights going out regularly. I think people have forgotten just how bad things were, but that shaped my life view forever TBH. I remember just how poor my family was and how hopeless everything looked. Yet Labour was supposed to be helping the working class? There had to be a better way and personal responsibility seemed to be it for me.

When Labour came back into power in 1997 I knew it would be all about tax and spend. That didn't fit comfortably with my mantra of saving during the good times, it was inevitable that it would end badly and it did. I just don't see how that would change under a new Labour government. They just don't seem to get it. REd Milliband's mantra appears to be that they just got it a bit wrong in the past and he wants to try again. Not on my shift!
superfrank wrote: I guess I'm a similar age but I don't remember feeling hopeless or in the slightest bit bothered that we were poor. Yes, financially Britain was a basket case, but on the plus side we weren't overcrowded, the was a real sense of British identity, you could buy a house for a 300 quid and people weren't up to their necks in debt. Money isn't everything.
Reading between the lines.....Euler is voting Conservative, superfrank is voting UKIP :D
Euler

I'd imagine the hardest UKIP voter in NE Hants won't vote for them after he said he wanted to shoot the conservative candidate. Slight error of judgement there!
Euler

Monitoring the markets they are discounting a 20% chance that Ed was lying when he said he wouldn't offer SNP a seat in a new cabinet. Will be interesting to see if that happens, wouldn't be a particular good start to the next term.
LeTiss

There's some strange anomalies going on

UKIP's price for winning no seats has shortened quite a bit from 21 to 9.8, yet Farage to win Thanet South is still trading comfortably at 1.70
superfrank

LeTiss 4pm wrote:There's some strange anomalies going on

UKIP's price for winning no seats has shortened quite a bit from 21 to 9.8, yet Farage to win Thanet South is still trading comfortably at 1.70
that was a good lay, back out to 17 now.

Carswell should be nailed on in Clacton. Reckless looks like losing (he's a bit drab) so should be 2 for UKIP. Farage PM and Carswell chancellor!
Archangel

Next PM market is interesting. Favoritism changing hands again Ed 1.92 Dave 2.1
LeTiss

superfrank wrote:
LeTiss 4pm wrote:There's some strange anomalies going on

that was a good lay, back out to 17 now.

Carswell should be nailed on in Clacton. Reckless looks like losing (he's a bit drab) so should be 2 for UKIP. Farage PM and Carswell chancellor!
Their price for winning 1-5 seats has drifted though.
Their prices for winning 0 seats and winning over 5 have shortened!

That seems a bit odd to me :?
Euler

Very confusing picture on the markets. Evens for next PM. ConLib 2.22 for next coalition Lab minority 3's
superfrank

a '92 scenario could still happen if enough have got scared by the thought of a proper(ish) left-wing govt.

exit polls were spot on last time, not long now.
Euler

Sudden plunge on Cameron and Con-Lib
superfrank

superfrank wrote:a '92 scenario could still happen if enough have got scared by the thought of a proper(ish) left-wing govt.

exit polls were spot on last time, not long now.
looks like i called that right!!!
Euler

Agree, shy Tories out in force
Euler

I've done well on voter turnout being high.
superfrank

Con-Lib maybe a good lay as Tories might not need them and some bad blood there from the campaign.

Return to “Political betting & arguing”