Today's Horse Racing

The sport of kings.
Halliday

Korattt wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 7:40 pm
just thinking how many abandoned meetings we’re gonna have later in the year / beginning of next with all the hard ground we’ve got at the moment
Really ?

Why would we have abandoned meetings later in the year and at the beginning of next because of the current weather conditions ?

There are far more meetings cancelled due to rain, snow, frost etc, than the current weather conditions in regards to racing. Plus the BHA are proactive and are already putting on extra meetings next week, because of the firm ground and high number of eliminations in all weather races .. extra meetings at Newcastle and Chelmsford next week

And if you look at next years fixture list your going to get I think 15 days where there will be two floodlit meetings on together in the evening, plus other fixture alterations

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/pres ... d-revenue/

The BHA produce statistics packs on a monthly and yearly basis , which includes field sizes,abandonments , extra fixtures , and a host of other facts, which you might find interesting, and might avoid “ you thinking out loud “. Example of such a pack below

Your welcome to browse thru them and let us know how many meetings have been abandoned due hard ground in recent years ( Wincanton last may springs to mind, but I suspect they are tiny compared to frost etc )

https://www.britishhorseracing.com/wp-c ... _Stats.pdf

Most tracks have the ability to water, and are able to move races at the discretion of the BHA , to other parts of their course if ground unsuitable .. Think Donny moved a couple of races from round to straight course or vice versa due to ground recently .

Remember travelling and gallops etc are often just as big a factor in extreme weather conditions, and whether a trainer enters/ runs a horse.

Hope that puts your mind at rest
Korattt

Halliday wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Korattt wrote:
just thinking how many abandoned meetings we’re gonna have later in the year / beginning of next with all the hard ground we’ve got at the moment
Really ?

Why would we have abandoned meetings later in the year and at the beginning of next because of the current weather conditions ?

There are far more meetings cancelled due to rain, snow, frost, etc

are you thinking fast or slow with your reply?
Halliday

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:07 am
Halliday wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 9:52 pm
Korattt wrote:
Really ?

There are far more meetings cancelled due to rain, snow, frost, etc

are you thinking fast or slow with your reply?
Perhaps if you’d prefaced your question. “I’m gonna sound like a complete idiot now no doubt, ....” , then maybe I wouldn’t have started my reply with “really “.. Yes I thought it was a silly question, but I did take the time to answer it and point you in the direction of where you can often get many answers to similar questions , and save yourself posting .

It was a genuine attempt to explain that there really are far more reasons for abandonments then the current weather conditions, and that it won’t impact on later in the year or next year
Korattt

sometimes I wonder if it's really worth coming on here, can see why newbies shy away from this forum
Halliday

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:35 am
sometimes I wonder if it's really worth coming on here, can see why newbies shy away from this forum
I feel the same as you do , especially with your reply , to what was a genuine attempt to answer your question.But obviously you feel otherwise.

I don’t think “newbies” shy away from the forum,I certainly have gained invaluable advice from members on here , and would class myself as a “ newbie”. I guess many aren’t as prolific posters as you ( pleased it hasn’t stopped you from posting ) , they just ask the questions they need too , and recognise the posters that they can trust for beneficial advice .And the more you read and engage with members posts,you soon begin to sort the “ wheat from the chaff”

Obviously my post has struck a raw nerve,judging by your replies.
invisiblelayer

Dallas wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 8:06 pm
invisiblelayer wrote:
Sun Jul 15, 2018 2:01 pm
Dallas wrote:
Sat Jul 14, 2018 10:34 pm

Just to clarify I wasn't watching the projected SP nor did I get matched at SP, I was out around 1.57 about 30secs before the actual off

It did continue up to about 1.61-1.64 then it was a sharp spike straight to 1.82 as the SP was returned

Was this horse slowly away by any chance or reared in the gates? See plenty of occasions where this is the case as the market suspends when going in play so late it can skew SPs due to the fast picture mob involvement, away from racing this weekend so seen nothing. I think SP is a great safety mechanism for traders but plenty abnormalities, my mind boggles as to why any serious punter uses SP!
TBH im not sure I knocked the video off as soon as I closed the trade, was only by chance I still had the ladder on a screen.
I do know it never traded below its pre-off 1.44 IR
Thanks, having seen the replay it was fine going in and broke well so nothing to do with what I thought.
Derek27

Markets unusually steady for a Monday.
Korattt

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 3:54 pm
Markets unusually steady for a Monday.
had a dabble earlier, found ‘em to be a bit shaky, I’ll have a go at Windsor later
jjrrjj

Same person it would seem just laying the favs in every race
Korattt

so wish we could program certain indicators into one indicator, so I could be certain of a certain type of move, BA support has been notified
Derek27

There's a lot of sub £2 stakers about - they can't all be greening-up!
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 7:58 pm
There's a lot of sub £2 stakers about - they can't all be greening-up!
That'll be me :)

Joking aside I've had an interesting day and re-learnt a lesson from the stoneage. I've been knee deep in excel today but wanted to see the BF feed to check if real world events were to blame for some of my anomalies.

So I needed to dip a fiver in and out of the market so I could see the stream, and I didn't really want to pay for the pleasure. Now i know a fiver is easier to do than £500 but I've had 18 wins and 2 scratches from 20 markets....the same has happend twice before. The difference? I'm trying not to lose insead of trying to win. I'm sure I learned that on day 1.
Derek27

Not a bad afternoon and evening.
Euler

Curiously I've hated today.
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Mon Jul 16, 2018 8:51 pm
Curiously I've hated today.
had a smashing day personally, never mind.. three cards tomorrow pm

Return to “Trading Horse racing”