Grrr!!!

The sport of kings.
jimrobo

sorry I misread your initial post! I've just realised hat wasn't what happened to me at all!

After thinking about it I have no idea whether your initial keep bet would be subject to a reduction factor or not! I would say that at the point of suspension your bet is resubmitted by betfair at 5 in play and after the withdrawal and so would not be subject to a reduction factor altough it might be worth an email to betfair for clarification.
JollyGreen

andyfuller wrote:Pre race bets will stand - i.e. placed before the official off.

Bets placed after the official off will be voided if the site crashes and the market isn't put inplay as happened here.
It depends on what you call the official off time! I had a problem with this on a race at Market Rasen and I had clear proof that ALL my orders and position were closed before the off time! I still lost money because when the bean counters did their thing some of my orders were voided!!

I had all orders time stamped etc etc and they simply told me their "off" time differed from mine when I had the official time!

I think the expression "Pissing in the wind!" springs to mind!!

When this happens, I always expect the worst....then it can only get better......blue moon etc etc!!
Iron

Perhaps the the Premium Charge taught Betfair that their monopoly is strong enough for them to get away with biting the hand that feeds...

Jeff
Iron

It looks like I've been a bit harsh on our friends at Betfair! LOL!

Perhaps the New Year festivities have already started at the Betfair offices, as I've just received this email offering to refund the majority of the money I lost:

Dear Jeff

Thank you for your e-mail.

I am willing to offer a £25 goodwill offer as being a longstanding customer but that is goodwill and as previously stated all bets placed after the off time have to be voided in line with our terms and conditions.

Please confirm by return if you want to accept.
Stewart

Jeff - unbelievable.

I have some water for you, please can you turn into to wine :mrgreen:
Iron

LOL!

They originally sent me an email declining my request for a refund, so I sent them the email below, which did the trick:

The lay was originally about to be matched well before the off when Betfair went down. I know the problem wasn't at my end as I was able to access other sites. When Betfair went back up, I exited my trade. Surely it was Betfair's fault that I lost money:

A. Because of the hardware fault that lead to your site going down
B. Because somebody at your end didn't notice that the race was in-play

I do not see why I should be penalised for Betfair's mistakes, and I am considering legal action.

Could you please reconsider this decision?
Stewart wrote:Jeff - unbelievable.

I have some water for you, please can you turn into to wine :mrgreen:
jimrobo

after the above post I thought I would be a little cheeky and request the same!

I just received this!

As I am sure you are aware we do need to stick to our Market Rules and Regulations in situations such as the one that arose a few days ago and therefore unfortunately I cannot credit your account with the required winnings should your bet have been settled as a winning bet.

However I can clearly see that you have been inconvenienced by this issue and as you are a long term and loyal customer I have credited your account with a £25 goodwill gesture which I hope will be a satisfactory resolution for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.
:D
Iron

Nice one! Well done! :)

Jeff
jimrobo wrote:after the above post I thought I would be a little cheeky and request the same!

I just received this!

As I am sure you are aware we do need to stick to our Market Rules and Regulations in situations such as the one that arose a few days ago and therefore unfortunately I cannot credit your account with the required winnings should your bet have been settled as a winning bet.

However I can clearly see that you have been inconvenienced by this issue and as you are a long term and loyal customer I have credited your account with a £25 goodwill gesture which I hope will be a satisfactory resolution for you.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further enquiries.
:D

Return to “Trading Horse racing”