Horse Racing - Standard Times

The sport of kings.
Silvbird

I have a Google Doc Spreadsheet with all UK Standards from the Racing Post & Course Records (updated to when I quit the form book around Aug 2016) going back to 2010 if anybody wants.
Euler

I'm more than happy to look at any data and would welcome any contributions.
iambic_pentameter

+1

Hi Silvbird,

If possible, I'd like to take a look at the spreadsheet, please.

Many thanks.

Iambic
fil

I would be interested, too
Thanks a lot
SeaHorseRacing

If anyone can recommend a free uploading site Ill dump one of my biggest excel data sheets in there for you. The file is far too big to upload here...
Euler

SeaHorseRacing

Great will sort it this evening.
Euler

Email yourself the link and then you can post the link here
SeaHorseRacing

https://we.tl/KcN0eVeDej

This file contains the year 2000 all the way to 2016.

Just had a little look and for some reason 2009 and 2010 has dissapeared.. must of deleted so when I get a spare day I will scan and upload and you can just copy and paste the sheet to the current sheet.

On my special app built I created a comparision edition. Which basically allows you to chose your track and distance etc.. then it wil compare. So for example the only true way to get speed times to work is you need each distance and track completely comparable to each other.
I was in the process of building the ultimate standard times.

So I would use all this data in the attached sheet and go through each track.

So If lets say Kemptons AW track 4yr olds + Class 5 0-60 1 mile handicap had the most data ( the most amount of races recorded, I know automatically this data is the strongest I have. Now on my comparison app I will select Kemptons AW/4YR+/Class 5/0-60/1mile The app will now search every meeting at kempton with this specific race, then it would collect the data for the other races at the same meeting that day. So now we have true data. We can compare the other races at the track as the going will be the most similar and from there we could build the most accurate standard times possible.

Then use this from every race we can create all tracks to be equal. So you can compare a standard time with Ascot with Kempton. I also created a pace analysis column so we know if the race was fast/average/slwly run.

If anyone ever wanted to do this in return you can have password access to my app.

Anyway if not enjoy the file guys.
SeaHorseRacing

PS- This is an extremely generous file of Racingpost data. Alot of money went into this file and its all yours for free. Thankfully the link will delete in 7 days so please dont pass this around, it is my gift to the forum.

Merry X-Mas
Euler

Thank you, I'll enjoy digging around the data. I'm not a form man myself but enjoy playing with data as things often pop out of nowhere.

What does OMS mean?
SeaHorseRacing

OMS means Old Measuring Standard

Do you remember when BHA announced they allowed race tracks to run at the wrong distance.

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/press ... om-1-june/

It appears there is a lot of race tracks that are using a new meeasuring system all of a sudden. So i suspect alot of tracks buggered up :lol:
Silvbird

SeaHorseRacing wrote:OMS means Old Measuring Standard

Do you remember when BHA announced they allowed race tracks to run at the wrong distance.

http://www.britishhorseracing.com/press ... om-1-june/

It appears there is a lot of race tracks that are using a new meeasuring system all of a sudden. So i suspect alot of tracks buggered up :lol:
Yes - it's hard to keep abreast of all the changes?

Here's that spreadsheet I was on about:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... edit#gid=0 Should be visible to anyone?
Facedcomic

Very useful. Thank you.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”