Faster Pics Anyone?

The sport of kings.
eddy4005

Hi i just came across your querry into faster pics and video pictures, i will tell you my story.
When i first started on BF and using bet angel i didnt know anything about markets ,trading ,etc. but i new that the people betting in play must be miles in front of me.
I thought the only way to compete was to go to the races sit on the winning line and mahybe i would be able to get an edge.
oh how wrong can one be, there i was at ascot waiting and watching what came around the corner first, only to look at my computer screen to find race after race the winning horse was nearly always at 1.01, i pondered for months on how they could do this.
I now have my own idea and believe me having faster feeds to live TV will not help, you might get lucky on a few occasions, but the inplay computer will beat you most times.
Bluesky

That's very interesting eddy4005, I imagine that at one time this type of thing was very lucrative but as time went by and more people started doing it, the market inefficiencies became smaller and smaller. I should think some people still make a good living either track siding or with fast pics but I am sure its a lot more difficult than it used to be.

Its like most markets if you can get in at the start of something (either a new market starting or new technology changing an existing market) then its not that difficult to make money because the market inefficiencies can be quite large. As time moves on however these inefficiencies tighten up and you either need to adapt or move on to another market or system.

Have you tried it at any other race course, I don't know but perhaps it might work better at a less well known course?
iambic_pentameter

I'd also suggest that a large part of being a successful in-play trader, is having excellent race reading skills.

I know of one in play trader who says that his method is really quite simple; he just watches replay after replay of races, making notes on horses that are of interest.

I'd imagine if you spent a whole year watching replays of the races, you'd have another slight edge.

There was an article on the Racing Post a while back about in running guys that trade from the course - can't find it online - but said it's not as fun as it's cracked up to be - lugging a PC, TV etc round the country each day, being with the same people day in day out etc and, of course, the cost of being there.
HorseRacer

Thanks for the responses,

aperson: Yes RUK when in standard definition was ~2 seconds behind the live action and now that they have a HD option, both channels seem to have lost about 0.5 seconds.

From what I've read in numerous places the answer is as Dallas says,
Dallas wrote:The fastest pics are usually the streams from Betfair/Betdaq/Bet365 etc, these are usually a few seconds ahead of satellite TV.

The only other way to get faster pictures away from the course is with a SIS feed like bookies and trading rooms use

So my next thought is, does anyone stream their SIS feed? Is there another way to access SIS feeds with a satellite dish, I read somewhere of people selling encryption codes to the streams?

Any info much appreciated.
iambic_pentameter

Hi HorseRacer

As I'm such a jolly nice chap and keen to help other forum members, I contacted SIS to see what they charge for live pics and get the following response:

"In relation to your question below, our satellite pictures are not suitable to be used for in running purposes.

Currently we don’t provide an IP solution for a non LBO (Licenced betting office)

If you have any further questions please let me know"

That struck me as odd, as I thought SIS was available to non LBOs - albeit with a hefty price tag.

In terms of getting a live feed elsewhere, I've read on these forums that to avoid going down that route - apparently there are a lot of scammers out there.
HorseRacer

Thank you very much for that info.

Yes I also thought SiS, had packages for home use. It certainly seems like there are feeds out there but maybe you have to be in the know, and like you say, possibly scams.

Cheers
98lewisj

If anyone wants fast pics/info inbox me.
andyfuller

98lewisj wrote:If anyone wants fast pics/info inbox me.
I'd be interested in the info mate.
njmsfino

I'm also interested!
HorseRacer

98lewisj wrote:If anyone wants fast pics/info inbox me.
Hi 98lewisj

I sent you a pm but haven't had any response, I'd be interested in the info.
andyrich666

I live in Spain (where generally all Satellite is free to a point) I can assure you there are people that have SIS pictures, none of these are in HD so i assume that it is pretty easy, I guess you would just use the same decryption they use for Sky SD

I have also noticed some places have William Hill TV
HorseRacer

Thanks Andyrich

A little update. 98lewisj never got back to my PM but another forum user did get a response from him and kindly forwarded it to me.

With a lot of searching however I may have found an alternative way to get faster pics without having to go down the route of satellite dishes.

I'm going to trial a streaming service this week who say they can deliver faster pics via internet stream. I'm optimistic as this will be far less hassle and overhead. I'll report back if the stream is indeed quicker and if so by what margin.

Cheers
fr33m4n

It would be extremely helpful to get live fast pictures from the races. I'm testing some new "In-Play" strategies, and definitely interested in this kind of service.

I live in Brazil, so i can't have a RUK account unfortunately. :cry:
aperson

Been playing around with this today, (got a new monitor so finally have the screen space to stream events while trading). 365 has the fastest streams for me, faster than both BF and BD, and faster than any other bookmaker I tried although I didn't try them all.However RUK is faster than any of the streams.

Also noticed 365 now offer betting in-play on horses. I didn't realise any bookmaker offered this. I don't know how they price up an entire race in real time. I presume they must link it to an exchange price and add in a huge margin to protect themselves. They also closed the market in the last few furlongs.
fr33m4n

Wait a second... I just found that RUK offers a International Subscription. Is that correct? Too good to be true?

I didn't complete the registration, but I think this is for members who lives outside U.K.?

What's the picture quality compared to others streams?

Man, i'm really lost here! :oops:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”