Faster Pics Anyone?

The sport of kings.
mickey007

Hello, can annyone help me with fast pictures please?
Send me a pm!
Also fast pictures for South Africann races will be appreciated.
Barnobee

Hi folks!

I have a couple of questions, ATR is to become Sky Sports Racing in January 2019 I believe, does anyone know if the picture will still be delayed as much as ATR?

My 2nd question is to the folk involved earlier in this thread, did anyone manage to source a decent feed for the ATR , I am an in play trader, doing OK with RUK, but currently not trading ATR due to the delay, If I can get closer to a live pic then this would open up so many more markets for me.

Thanks in advance.

Richy
BetScalper

Barnobee wrote:
Mon Aug 27, 2018 10:47 pm
Hi folks!

I have a couple of questions, ATR is to become Sky Sports Racing in January 2019 I believe, does anyone know if the picture will still be delayed as much as ATR?

My 2nd question is to the folk involved earlier in this thread, did anyone manage to source a decent feed for the ATR , I am an in play trader, doing OK with RUK, but currently not trading ATR due to the delay, If I can get closer to a live pic then this would open up so many more markets for me.

Thanks in advance.

Richy
There will always be a delay via TV pictures whatever the feed is. How fast do you want it ?

Sounds like your looking for a feed edge over normal punters.

The only way you will achieve what your looking for is to goto each track and bet track side.
ShaunWhite

Barnobee wrote:
The answer was in the 5th posting.
Barnobee

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:48 pm
Barnobee wrote:
The answer was in the 5th posting.
There are faster streams than BF,BD and 365, this is certain, I just wondered if anyone on here had access to them?

The 5th posting was from years ago, RUK is now faster than BF and other betting site sources.

Thanks for taking the time to reply though.

Cheers

Rich
Barnobee

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 12:16 pm
Barnobee wrote:
Hi folks!

Thanks in advance.

Richy
There will always be a delay via TV pictures whatever the feed is. How fast do you want it ?

Sounds like your looking for a feed edge over normal punters.

The only way you will achieve what your looking for is to goto each track and bet track side.
I guess I am looking for a feed edge, or at least a picture that most in play traders are using (excluding track players)
ShaunWhite

Barnobee wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:51 pm
The 5th posting was from years ago, RUK is now faster than BF and other betting site sources.
I wouldn't have directed you to it if it wasn't still relevant.

What delay are you getting on each of your sources? BF seems to be about 2s most of the time.
iambic_pentameter

Don't assume that having faster pictures will give you a magical edge - there are players out there who do perfectly well working with BF live video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrAk7ydPcmo&t=14s

That is part 1 of a 3 part interview with an in running punter who works from home.

Hint: He has watched thousands of races and has a good knowledge of jockey styles / horses / race reading.

Obviously you need to have an idea of how the race may be run, but you can also get a lot of information about the market based on how much money has been matched / on the ladders.

NB: Moderators - hope it's okay to post that video here?

Iambic
Barnobee

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 2:52 pm
Barnobee wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:51 pm
I wouldn't have directed you to it if it wasn't still relevant.

What delay are you getting on each of your sources? BF seems to be about 2s most of the time.
RUK via BF is not too bad, around 1 sec behind RUK HD via Sky.
Im not too concerned about RUK as these pics can be played to a decent standard

ATR via BF is ahead of ATR via SKY, this is significant and around 4 difference. The ATR picture via BF is currently my best option for these meetings, but these pictures are still quite far behind, hard to gauge a time but its visible in the market and I am barely profitable playing these.

So for me although ATR via BF is my fastest picture option, it is still too far behind for me to play.

If I can find a better source for the ATR video I will have a lot more markets opened up that currently I am not willing to trade/play.
iambic_pentameter

What part of the race are you playing in? The start, middle or the end?
Barnobee

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 3:07 pm
Don't assume that having faster pictures will give you a magical edge - there are players out there who do perfectly well working with BF live video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LrAk7ydPcmo&t=14s

That is part 1 of a 3 part interview with an in running punter who works from home.

Hint: He has watched thousands of races and has a good knowledge of jockey styles / horses / race reading.

Obviously you need to have an idea of how the race may be run, but you can also get a lot of information about the market based on how much money has been matched / on the ladders.

NB: Moderators - hope it's okay to post that video here?

Iambic
Hi thanks for the comment, great video too.

I dont assume the faster pictures provide a 'magical edge'. A faster picture is definitely and edge, 0.5 seconds can be the difference between laying at 4.0 or 16.0

I have been successfully laying horse in running for some time, I can work with the delay on RUK HD, but for the way I play ATR via (BF) is too far behind for me to trade. This is the reason I am seeking a faster picture.
Barnobee

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:01 pm
What part of the race are you playing in? The start, middle or the end?
Mainly the middle, but I can find opportunities in the latter stages, but this more volatile and risky on slower pics
invisiblelayer

Guessing pictures are more likely to get slower under Sky just look how heavily delayed the football is for example, they have no need and desire to quicken them up. They certainly had the ability to as they did when you could watch via the red button, that was a few years ago now. Best thing for the inplay punters is to hope all the tracks go to racing uk, makes it workable then for those not betting the last furlong and brings the liquidity back.
Barnobee

I really appreciate you getting back to me.
The Irish racing is coming to RUK in January so thats a big bonus, Its just a shame that Sky will have a big chunk of races that I wont be willing to trade if this ATR delay continues.

Thanks for your time.

Rich
BetScalper

Slightly different angle but yesterday I overheard a conversation around someone being paid a rather large sum of money to basically hesitate on suspending a football match after a goal was scored.

I presume the person in question was employed by BF on minimal salary.

Interesting though as I imagine in certain parts of the world it would be financially very viable on BF in-play markets.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”