Hereford 16:30 BTL chance

The sport of kings.
JollyGreen

My old friend Eddy runs in this race and he is worth a BTL trade today. He is a long standing maiden but he's on the lowest mark of his career and he must surely go close enough today? I had my doubts about the course last time but Hereford is an easy tight track which should suit. The ground is advertised as soft but we've had sunshine for the last 48 hours and by 16:30 I am expecting Good to Soft to be more likely.

The price is 8.4-8.6 and so I will take an interest. He has traded >60% lower than the SP/LTP multiple times of late (even at Wincanton last time) and I don't expect today to be any different.

Small stakes, enjoy and good luck!

JG
Geordie

Nice, thanks, JG
JollyGreen

The ground is now listed Good to soft which is pretty much what I expected. If it goes Good it will also be fine...finger crossed! :lol:
Halliday

JollyGreen wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 am
My old friend Eddy runs in this race and he is worth a BTL trade today. He is a long standing maiden but he's on the lowest mark of his career and he must surely go close enough today? I had my doubts about the course last time but Hereford is an easy tight track which should suit. The ground is advertised as soft but we've had sunshine for the last 48 hours and by 16:30 I am expecting Good to Soft to be more likely.

The price is 8.4-8.6 and so I will take an interest. He has traded >60% lower than the SP/LTP multiple times of late (even at Wincanton last time) and I don't expect today to be any different.

JG
Lots of Potentally well handicapped horses( or horses on the down) in this poor race.with the majority of them wearing some aid or other.

The form of EDDY,s last run is as good as most in the race,though trainer doesn't seem to know his best trip.

The owners of CAFE AU LIAT like a punt on their horse,and Paddy Brennan has been booked,currently trading at 4.1.It has been well backed in its last few races, and if the 4.0 goes it should trade a lot lower before the off, Has ran in much better races than most of these( won a C3)
RED ADMIRAL was rated in the 120,s over fences this time last year and now races off 96.

The other intersting horse is Henry Oliver's ACTION DANCER who had showed nothing until10l behind CAFE AU LAIT last time out and now 8lb better off,on better ground,and a longer trip which might suit trading around 11.00... One to watch for any market moves,could trade a lot shorter if no move for CAFE AU LAIT
spreadbetting

Halliday wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 3:06 pm

Lots of Potentally well handicapped horses( or horses on the down) in this poor race.with the majority of them wearing some aid or other.

The form of EDDY,s last run is as good as most in the race,though trainer doesn't seem to know his best trip.

The owners of CAFE AU LIAT like a punt on their horse,and Paddy Brennan has been booked,currently trading at 4.1.It has been well backed in its last few races, and if the 4.0 goes it should trade a lot lower before the off, Has ran in much better races than most of these( won a C3)
RED ADMIRAL was rated in the 120,s over fences this time last year and now races off 96.

The other intersting horse is Henry Oliver's ACTION DANCER who had showed nothing until10l behind CAFE AU LAIT last time out and now 8lb better off,on better ground,and a longer trip which might suit trading around 11.00... One to watch for any market moves,could trade a lot shorter if no move for CAFE AU LAIT
You should get a job on ATR Halliday, given half the field a chance there without committing to anything :)
Naffman

Was thinking the same thing, then can say I told you that would win ;)
spreadbetting

And to cap it off the race was fought out by two that didn't get a mention :lol:
kerberus

Money in the bank - ta very much! JG. You did say B2L and it worked.
:mrgreen:
JollyGreen

Well I agree with Halliday, the trainer seems unsure of Eddy's trip and now I am stumped! I think he will have go 2m6f on an easy course and set decent fractions. He was third in the end beaten by two horses I did not really factor in and never really figured.

I did aim at 50% drop in price and because I was out in the afternoon so I watched the race on my phone via Betfair. I didn't want to push for more and it's just as well too! I am not sure where he goes next, he travels well but seems to hit a flat spot and that's his lot. Perhaps a tongue tie will help?
iambic_pentameter

Although I didn't play on this one specifically, thanks for sharing JG.

Do you mind me asking how you identify B2L or L2B - do you use a specific service / software.

Iambic
Halliday

JollyGreen wrote:
Sun Mar 26, 2017 10:18 am

JG
Well done to Eddy for finally winning a race, recently moved to Sue Gardner, and making his first run for her a winning one. Small stable is in good form and Eddy was running off his lowest handicap mark .
Well done to all concerned !!
Ralphyboy

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Mon Mar 27, 2017 10:35 am
Although I didn't play on this one specifically, thanks for sharing JG.

Do you mind me asking how you identify B2L or L2B - do you use a specific service / software.

Iambic
Could you give some indicators to this question JG i understand you wont give to much away but a starting point for the rest of us newbies to work from and progress from. PS not interested in software as such more questions i could ask myself before the off and do my research accordingly

Return to “Trading Horse racing”