Indicators of swings

The sport of kings.
cmuddle

Hello BA community,

I am in the learning process and wanted to ask: what are the most clear indicators of a swing during the pre-race activity?
As I understand one can predict price moves and many or most of you who are experienced pre -race traders can see those signals.

I know that if the price is at the lowest of it's range then it will most likely to go up on the ladder, and the other way around.

Basically the question is how to predict if the price for example on the favourite will go up or shorten?
Sometimes I think that it is about to drift but then all the backers come in and it does the opposite.
Does it help to know if the horse is of value to back and wait for it to be backed?

Would appreciate your help.

cmuddle
Alpha322

cmuddle wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 am
Hello BA community,

I am in the learning process and wanted to ask: what are the most clear indicators of a swing during the pre-race activity?
As I understand one can predict price moves and many or most of you who are experienced pre -race traders can see those signals.

I know that if the price is at the lowest of it's range then it will most likely to go up on the ladder, and the other way around.

Basically the question is how to predict if the price for example on the favourite will go up or shorten?
Sometimes I think that it is about to drift but then all the backers come in and it does the opposite.
Does it help to know if the horse is of value to back and wait for it to be backed?

Would appreciate your help.

cmuddle
You are not reading the market, you have to keep a eye on the others depending on where seletions price is in the market. I personally wouldnt join the sheep of backers or assume because a trend is heading down, it cannot continue for ever, before that can go out something else has to come in, so watch the others.
You also have to be diciplined to dump your orders when they are wrong, and re access

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nM68ACB ... ZUDAot_BoD
cmuddle

Could you clarify, what is selections price and what is it coming out and coming in?

Thank you
vladilyich

I have found Peter's video on charting has helped me a lot and I have customised my charts to show a highly visible trend line,along with weight of money and volume charts. These are exceptionally helpful.Here is the link as I am sure Peter won't mind me using his link :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kvlB080 ... IUPTnPMmfe
ShaunWhite

cmuddle wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 10:35 am
Could you clarify, what is selections price and what is it coming out and coming in?

Thank you
Price = Odds
Coming In = Price getting shorter/smaller
Going out = Price getting longer/bigger
Ralphyboy

cmuddle wrote:
Sun May 21, 2017 9:31 am
Hello BA community,

I know that if the price is at the lowest of its range then it will most likely to go up on the ladder, and the other way around.

cmuddle
I dont believe this is true. an example of this not being true if you see a favorite at the bottom of his range and you begin to see him breaking out of it, and the other horses in the market arent coming in then this is a signal that a horse is about to steam.

However if this is not a short priced favorite and a ranged market ( a market where the prices are bouncing between a set a range ) then if the price is at the bottom of its range your statement is true. It would be great if a more experienced pre race trader would clarify if my information is correct. I believe it is , then you need to note this is just one of many intricacies in a market that will determine if a price will move in a particular direction.
ruthlessimon

Ralphyboy wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:16 pm
I dont believe this is true. an example of this not being true if you see a favorite at the bottom of his range and you begin to see him breaking out of it, and the other horses in the market arent coming in then this is a signal that a horse is about to steam.
I've got a whole video folder devoted to that pattern. I call em "naked breakouts" :)
cybernet69

If the favourites price is at the bottom or top of its current trading range, then just wait for the on-course bookies money to start coming in, nip in front and ride the tip of the rocket in either direction. :D

Just remember to get off. :lol:
Ralphyboy

cybernet69 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm
If the favourites price is at the bottom or top of its current trading range, then just wait for the on-course bookies money to start coming in, nip in front and ride the tip of the rocket in either direction. :D

I appreciate the light hearted nature of your post, but on a more serious note this gent has came looking for some solid advice and signal saying "wait for the bookies money to start coming in" isnt really any advice and i worry if he was to take this literally he could lose a lot of cash remember people are playing with there hard earned cash and it can really leave a few bruises. So on this signal ill try and be more specific, Big lumps of money can be put into the market and you can ride them as Cybernet says but there is also often fake lumps that will be placed they are there for short periods and magically disappear and the price will mini swing 10-5 ticks back and forth as these sums jump in and out and cause movement are these bots are these bigger players i dont know but i know that noticing what is real is key to your point of riding that wave again though isnt really the essence of learning the indicators of swings i would describe it as a specific niche that occurs now and again punish it when it happens but it does not make you a good reader of swings.
cybernet69

Ralphyboy wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:59 pm
cybernet69 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:48 pm

I appreciate the light hearted nature of your post, but on a more serious note this gent has came looking for some solid advice and signal saying "wait for the bookies money to start coming in" isnt really any advice and i worry if he was to take this literally he could lose a lot of cash remember people are playing with there hard earned cash and it can really leave a few bruises. So on this signal ill try and be more specific, Big lumps of money can be put into the market and you can ride them as Cybernet says but there is also often fake lumps that will be placed they are there for short periods and magically disappear and the price will mini swing 10-5 ticks back and forth as these sums jump in and out and cause movement are these bots are these bigger players i dont know but i know that noticing what is real is key to your point of riding that wave again though isnt really the essence of learning the indicators of swings i would describe it as a specific niche that occurs now and again punish it when it happens but it does not make you a good reader of swings.
I gave him solid advice. I never mentioned fake lumps. if the LTA is 6k or more then it isn't fake/spoof money because its been matched at the LTP.
Ralphyboy

Im not sure you did mate you said get in front of the bookies money at the top or the bottom of his range he could easily struggle to identify what bookies money is. hence i mentioned fake money to highlight how the advice might be mistaken. Im sorry i dont know what LTP or LTA is ... LTP last taken price ?
cybernet69

Ralphyboy wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 8:47 pm
Im not sure you did mate you said get in front of the bookies money at the top or the bottom of his range he could easily struggle to identify what bookies money is. hence i mentioned fake money to highlight how the advice might be mistaken. Im sorry i dont know what LTP or LTA is ... LTP last taken price ?
LTP = Last Traded Price
LTA = Last Traded Amount
stu410

Horse LTA > 5K or 6K but for greyhound what is value LTA?
cybernet69

stu410 wrote:
Mon Jun 26, 2017 9:05 pm
Horse LTA > 5K or 6K but for greyhound what is value LTA?
Haven't figured out what a good value is yet.

But I would guestimate around > 150
stu410

Thanks Mark

Return to “Trading Horse racing”