The sport of kings.
RicHep365

Anna List wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm
Anna List wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 pm
RicHep365 wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:13 pm

Profitability has declined all round over time, it was much better 5 years ago than now. But flat season has always outperformed jumps.

When I say it dies in jump season, I just mean it's not as good, rather than not profitable, so you'd lose your shirt laying the same horses.
Ah, when you said that it dies on the jumps, I thought that you meant that it dies on the jumps.

If my logic's right, you are either backing the non-favourites or laying the favourites?

Is that correct?
Have you thought about splitting the results into 2 groups?

One group contains favourites only. The other contains non-favourites only.

Then compare the two?
The favourites (according to BSP) are much more profitable, but they probably weren't the favourite at the point I backed them. So I'm inherently getting better value on those than any other selection.

I don't have the data to check where in the pecking order the horses were at the point I placed the bets unfortunately.
Anna List

RicHep365 wrote:
Thu Jan 11, 2018 9:30 am
Anna List wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 6:27 pm
Anna List wrote:
Wed Jan 10, 2018 5:28 pm

Ah, when you said that it dies on the jumps, I thought that you meant that it dies on the jumps.

If my logic's right, you are either backing the non-favourites or laying the favourites?

Is that correct?
Have you thought about splitting the results into 2 groups?

One group contains favourites only. The other contains non-favourites only.

Then compare the two?
The favourites (according to BSP) are much more profitable, but they probably weren't the favourite at the point I backed them. So I'm inherently getting better value on those than any other selection.

I don't have the data to check where in the pecking order the horses were at the point I placed the bets unfortunately.
Tien.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”