% of BSP in running

The sport of kings.
ArticalBadboy

Evening all,

Does anyone know a way to create a rule in Guardian that triggers when a selections price hits a percentage of the actual BSP in play?
I want to lay a selection at SP, hoping it will loose, but place a stop bet if the price ever halves in play.

Many Thanks in advance
Dallas

On your greening rule add a 'Green all' profit condition
Is less than -£

and enter the same amount as the lay stake your using
ArticalBadboy

Thanks.
My initial bet is a percentage of my balance rather than a fixed stake...would this still work?
Also, I don't want to green all, just exit the trade by laying the same stake at half the SP.
Dallas

ArticalBadboy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Thanks.
My initial bet is a percentage of my balance rather than a fixed stake...would this still work?
No it would only work if you knew the stake you were using, its technically a reverse DOB so triggering a green up at a loss value equal to your stake amount would mean the odds are now 50% lower than originally layed at.

The only other way is to use what I call a marker bet.
Place another lay bet at 50% of the actual SP (just use £1 stake or similar)

Then on your green up rule add a 'Number of matched bets condition'
is equal to 2

ie, once that that 2nd lay is matched odds have reached or gone below 50% so the green up now triggers
ArticalBadboy

I understand.
Thank you for the elegant workaround.
Your help is much appreciated
jimibt

Dallas wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:23 pm
ArticalBadboy wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:18 pm
Thanks.
No it would only work if you knew the stake you were using, its technically a reverse DOB so triggering a green up at a loss value equal to your stake amount would mean the odds are now 50% lower than originally layed at.

The only other way is to use what I call a marker bet.
Place another lay bet at 50% of the actual SP (just use £1 stake or similar)

Then on your green up rule add a 'Number of matched bets condition'
is equal to 2

ie, once that that 2nd lay is matched odds have reached or gone below 50% so the green up now triggers
morning Dallas - would the above work with a runner that didn't have a *Applies to Selection* criteria?? I've struggled quite a bit in the past in trying to find the Actual SP on a runner that is Any Selection. Would be good to know how to tackle non specified selections against Actual SP (even if a workaround).

[Edit]
- i know i can do this when staking in the betting window, was thinking more about when using as a condition...

Return to “Trading Horse racing”