Removal of 1 second inplay delay for inrunning horse bets

The sport of kings.
napshnap

More chaotic markets will scare away newcomers = less liquidity. Guaranteed fckup for place market traders/bettors when faller occurs. Will be easier for some to cover their shame in a muddy water. Markets will lose their rhythm. Bad decision.
Agree with Euler that they better abandon their crippled golden goose crossmatcher, but this will never happen, they do nothing for exchange community, even this 1sec removal is for their sports section.
Wolf1877

napshnap wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 6:59 am
More chaotic markets will scare away newcomers = less liquidity. Guaranteed fckup for place market traders/bettors when faller occurs. Will be easier for some to cover their shame in a muddy water. Markets will lose their rhythm. Bad decision.
Agree with Euler that they better abandon their crippled golden goose crossmatcher, but this will never happen, they do nothing for exchange community, even this 1sec removal is for their sports section.
I'd actually expect inplay racing markets to be less chaotic during the the most irrationally high volatility periods. Bots will very likely respond faster to reduce the excessive volatility. Of course the high volatility is what traders are profiting from so not necessarily good news for traders. It will take quite a while to see what the full effects of a such a change will be. There will be an immediate change when the delay is reduced/removed and a more gradual change as traders bots are adapted to deal with the new reality.
xtrader16

The removal of the 1 second delay (which is actally a 2-3 second delay, i have video evidence to prove it) can only be a good thing. Why should there be a delay of 1-3 seconds on IR but not pre race?

The delay we will still experience will still come from live TV pictures. Giving track based punters a big edge over everybody as they do now. The thing is, I suspect there are people out there who have access to software or trading accounts that this present delay doesn't apply to. A secret group of people who have special access and they are raking it in. Why else does the market move before or at exactly the same time horses get in trouble? I have clear evidence that the delay via Bet Angel in processing IR trades is 2-3 seconds and not the 1 second as advertised.
napshnap

xtrader16

It doesn't make sense, if this group even exists, it can't exist without bf notice, and they will have an advantage anyway, with 1sec delay or not.
Dallas

xtrader16 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:12 am
The removal of the 1 second delay (which is actally a 2-3 second delay, i have video evidence to prove it) can only be a good thing. Why should there be a delay of 1-3 seconds on IR but not pre race?

The delay we will still experience will still come from live TV pictures. Giving track based punters a big edge over everybody as they do now. The thing is, I suspect there are people out there who have access to software or trading accounts that this present delay doesn't apply to. A secret group of people who have special access and they are raking it in. Why else does the market move before or at exactly the same time horses get in trouble? I have clear evidence that the delay via Bet Angel in processing IR trades is 2-3 seconds and not the 1 second as advertised.
Its the on-track traders that are ahead of you and by however long your picture delay is. I wouldn't attempt to try and manually trade against them in-play, automation is of course different as its reacting to prices, not pictures but it will always be more advantageous to those on course

The IR delay on racing is 1 second (2 if using stakes below the £2 min on BA) - its the same for everyone even if placing bets directly on BF
If your getting 3 or more can you post a link to the video?
gutuami

it doesn't matter. with your "value feedback" or without it bf will do what they want {as they usually do}. What they really care is profit. They will remove it on certain markets and check if their profit increase. Next depending on the result they will abolish that or move on with it. Simple as that. Interesting to see if betdaq will follow them or not.
gutuami

and btw they will never remove xmatching as this is a source of good profits for them. it's a kind of high frequency trading. I would like to be wrong on that :?
superfrank

Very much in favour of removing the delay for in-play racing.

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
Derek27

They must have the technology to do it now. The problem is only a small proportion of people who subscribe to TV providers have in-play gambling as a priority so it's not a high priority to TV providers.
ANGELS15

Just reacting to an observation simonlofc made earlier about how annoying it is when you back a horse in running and the bet is suddenly matched at 1000 because the horse fell: just an annecdoal story: some years ago it was reported a punter was placing an in running bet on a horse only for it to be matched at 1000 just as he placed it because the commentator said it had fallen, a few seconds later the commentator corrected himself as it was in fact a horse with similar colours that had actually fallen. I believe the punter ended up winning around £40k. Not good for the layer/s though!
BetScalper

ANGELS15 wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:18 pm
Just reacting to an observation simonlofc made earlier about how annoying it is when you back a horse in running and the bet is suddenly matched at 1000 because the horse fell: just an annecdoal story: some years ago it was reported a punter was placing an in running bet on a horse only for it to be matched at 1000 just as he placed it because the commentator said it had fallen, a few seconds later the commentator corrected himself as it was in fact a horse with similar colours that had actually fallen. I believe the punter ended up winning around £40k. Not good for the layer/s though!
I remember that. :)
gutuami

superfrank wrote:
Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:59 pm

Hopefully the day when we have TV pictures for all sports with delays measured in milliseconds is not too far away.
what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
superfrank

gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:

what about a super premium charge let's say for more than 10 bets in running. Bf is capable of that too.
They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?
gutuami

superfrank wrote:
Fri Feb 16, 2018 11:53 am
gutuami wrote:
Thu Feb 15, 2018 9:55 am
superfrank wrote:

They're capable of scrapping the premium charge too. What's your point?
the point is that they do whatever they want. And if by chance removing delay will prove successful they will take their lion share.
ajdal

BetScalper wrote:
Tue Feb 13, 2018 10:29 pm
This is great news as one of my systems places bets in gaps when LTP > LAY PRICE + 20 TICKS which corresponds to backers pulling their money out of the market.
You know there are all sorts of profitable systems that exploit the fact people naturally like round numbers...

Return to “Trading Horse racing”