Cheltenham Festival 2018

The sport of kings.
SeaHorseRacing

Considering it is just over a week away, I thought I would get this rolling as it is Xmas eve seven days today. Any trading points or updates?

Anyone have an opinion on what the ground will be?
ricardodeano

I can't offer any opinions, I can offer data though. He's the BF data for 2009 - 2018. Use it as you please.
Cheltenham.xlsx
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Dallas

ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am
I can't offer any opinions, I can offer data though. He's the BF data for 2009 - 2018. Use it as you please.

Cheltenham.xlsx
I'll be very very intrested if you have the 2018 data ;)
ricardodeano

Dallas wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 10:01 am
ricardodeano wrote:
Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:55 am

Cheltenham.xlsx
I'll be very very intrested if you have the 2018 data ;)
Ha ha ha ha...ok, so maybe don't trust anything I type :lol:
Naffman

Reckon we will see a lot more volatility this year

And please don't use Betdaq everyone, it's no good ;) :lol:
SeaHorseRacing

There is some free money up for grabs guys.

If you take NON RUNNER NO BET on these horses for these races with the bookmakers you are guaranteed a profit. Take the free money!!!

FAUGHEEN for the Stayers Hurdle is 10s with sky bet, Betfred and 12s with Sun bet. If the horse doesnt run you get your money back. If he turns up he will not be 10s. He will be 11/2 at best!! Incredible risk-free trade.

I personally think he will run in this race but there is a high chance he won't, but there's free money there if he does. Make sure you get NRNB and you need 10s or better.

SAMCRO for the Supreme Novices. Bet 365 are offering 2/1 NRNB. If he runs in this race he will be Even money at best. Again unlikely to run in this race but its free money if he does.

FIRST FLOW for the Supreme Novices, this horse will only run if the ground is heavy. NRNB at 25s with a few firms, again if this runs, your looking at less then 10/1.

If anyone takes these offers, just makes sure you dont trade it off until after 48 hours before the racings as Betfair markets are still Antepost!
SeaHorseRacing

Snow forecast for Tuesday. :lol: :lol:
ShaunWhite

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:03 pm
Snow forecast for Tuesday. :lol: :lol:
?not on my forecast, 10 degrees and buckets of rain.
SeaHorseRacing

Cold air is back on Tuesday, don't use Long range weather forecast that is animated. BBC weather long-range weather forecast video.
Dallas

Forecast i've just been looking at has persistent sometimes heavy rain throughout Sunday which starts to ease on/off during monday finally stopping for good around 6pm Monday evening.
The question looks to be is it going to be enough to waterlog the course? or at least produce a bit of a mud bath on the opening day
Derek27

Gold Cup holder Sizing John ruled out of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, AtTheRaces.
SeaHorseRacing

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Happy Days!! As long as the horse is well, I'm on big on Might Bite!!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Happy Days!! As long as the horse is well, I'm on big on Might Bite!!
It's not so important to me now that I'm focusing on trading, but it does look like a very substandard Gold Cup, and perhaps a substandard staying chase division.
SeaHorseRacing

I think Might Bite is very special.

When I got into trading I thought the same way as you as I wasn't so interested in the racing anymore other than the numbers on my betangel screen, but it turned out that horse racing is just too much in my blood.

I can see why racing channels and the betting public don't like traders and that's because they don't view racing in the same way as the normal "punter"
Horse racing is a sport just like football, not sure about others but I think the majority of people appreciate football for what it is rather then the odds you are on and I think trading takes that away from racing.

Very few people would sit at home every Saturday and watching the racing with a cuppa and not be betting.

If this thread was on a betting forum it would be a hot topic whereas here it will only gain interest come Monday.

I understand why as trading is a business and should be treated like so, I dont bet with my betfair account because it has potential to be lethal and I think more people who get into trading from a racing back ground need to make that distinction. I love to bet, however I love my trading but mixing the two not only doesnt work people who tent to trade dont view racing the same way as a better.

For me anyway, the point is. Breeders cup night and a few other events, Cheltenham gold cup day is not a day I trade and a day I will enjoy the wonderful part of the sport as a spectator. I think with trading its very easy to become robotic and just trade everything.
Derek27

I have to admit, despite being a trader, I was close to tears when Sprinter Sacre destroyed the field and regained his crown two years ago.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”