Cheltenham Festival 2018

The sport of kings.
Dallas

And there it goes for another year.
Generally been a good Festival, although as I've just said on the last page BD seemed to get harder as the week wore on but otherwise really enjoyed it again
andyfuller

Dallas wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:35 pm
Generally been a good Festival, although as I've just said on the last page BD seemed to get harder as the week wore on but otherwise really enjoyed it again
Have to agree with that - Betdaq today was the worse day of the week for me, as others have said, there just wasn't the fill rate there today.

A decent week and quite enjoyable but it didn't quite live up to expectations.

See you all for Ascot in the summer!
Euler

Y, I'm really pleased with how it went, but Betdaq seemed to fade a little after those mid-week problems.
Euler

andyfuller wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:39 pm
Have to agree with that - Betdaq today was the worse day of the week for me, as others have said, there just wasn't the fill rate there today.

It was good to see your around this week, thanks for popping in and saying hello.
SeaHorseRacing

andyfuller wrote:
Dallas wrote:

No Aintree festival for you this year?
ShaunWhite

It's been fun. Feel quite exhausted now.
Thanks again all for the help about my bet going through as FullSP, sorry for the distraction.

That was lesson #2 learnt. (#1 was that you can't rely on a stop even in a really deep market.)

4 Days up, never enough but job done and bring on the next biggy.
Dallas

andyfuller wrote:
Dallas wrote:

Take care don't be a stranger
andyfuller

Euler wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:40 pm
Y, I'm really pleased with how it went, but Betdaq seemed to fade a little after those mid-week problems.
Yes, credit where it is due Betdaq did sort out the issues they were having and I didn't see any issues today but unfortunately the ship had kind of sailed by that point, I was staying out of the markets late on as I didn't want to spoil the week getting caught by a site problem. That didn't help matters as I find the last few minutes the best on Betdaq at the start of the week.
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:41 pm
No Aintree festival for you this year?
I will be quite busy that week but I may pop in but I haven't found BD particularly good for Aintree - I will probably have a bash on GN day.

Its been good to see some of the regular faces are still about - keep it up!
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:44 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:33 pm

Able to use the delay in transmission to my advantage.
How? Where you there seeing it first?
Down to the way the Inplay Trader reacts first and then look for confirmation on the live feed to see why.

It's surprising that there is sometimes an over reaction to a horse being ridden, or making a mistake that doesn't stop its momentum.
wearthefoxhat

Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
...gained +27% on the initial bank, better that the building society!
Don't get excited - it's not really 27% unless you sustain that rate of growth.
Yes, I mustn't get too excited. :)
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
...gained +27% on the initial bank, better that the building society!
Don't get excited - it's not really 27% unless you sustain that rate of growth.
Yep 8% a day compounds up to a cool 280 million % APR at the building society ... ish
Better go tell Martin Lewis
Thanks...I've adjusted my trading plan and projected accordingly... :lol:
Naffman

Has anyone managed to gather the year on year volumes for BF and BD? :)
Derek27

Just received a very strange email from Betfair:-

Hi Derek

We have tried to give you a call today with regards to your account. We noticed that your activity on the Exchange over Cheltenham this year had decreased on previous years and we just wanted to check in and make sure that everything was okay in regards to your account.

We wanted to see if there was anything we could help you with or any issues you were having with our site. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you had with regards to our service and anything that might be causing your decline with us. We are always striving to provide the best possible service in all aspects to our valued clients like yourself, therefore we would value any feedback you could provide that would help us improve and make sure we can give you the best possible experience.

Kind Regards,

Richard

VIP Customer Service Agent

I'm hardly one of Betfair's big earners - times must be hard if Betfair are concerned enough to phone me!

Does anybody know what 'VIP Customer Service Agent' is suppose to mean? Am I the VIP or does everybody have that in their emails? :lol:
LinusP

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:50 pm
Just received a very strange email from Betfair:-

Hi Derek

We have tried to give you a call today with regards to your account. We noticed that your activity on the Exchange over Cheltenham this year had decreased on previous years and we just wanted to check in and make sure that everything was okay in regards to your account.

We wanted to see if there was anything we could help you with or any issues you were having with our site. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you had with regards to our service and anything that might be causing your decline with us. We are always striving to provide the best possible service in all aspects to our valued clients like yourself, therefore we would value any feedback you could provide that would help us improve and make sure we can give you the best possible experience.

Kind Regards,

Richard

VIP Customer Service Agent

I'm hardly one of Betfair's big earners - times must be hard if Betfair are concerned enough to phone me!

Does anybody know what 'VIP Customer Service Agent' is suppose to mean? Am I the VIP or does everybody have that in their emails? :lol:
VIP is reserved for the big spenders (losers)
Derek27

:lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”