The sport of kings.
wearthefoxhat

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:10 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:50 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Mar 16, 2018 4:33 pm
...gained +27% on the initial bank, better that the building society!
Don't get excited - it's not really 27% unless you sustain that rate of growth.
Yep 8% a day compounds up to a cool 280 million % APR at the building society ... ish
Better go tell Martin Lewis
Thanks...I've adjusted my trading plan and projected accordingly... :lol:
Naffman

Has anyone managed to gather the year on year volumes for BF and BD? :)
Derek27

Just received a very strange email from Betfair:-

Hi Derek

We have tried to give you a call today with regards to your account. We noticed that your activity on the Exchange over Cheltenham this year had decreased on previous years and we just wanted to check in and make sure that everything was okay in regards to your account.

We wanted to see if there was anything we could help you with or any issues you were having with our site. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you had with regards to our service and anything that might be causing your decline with us. We are always striving to provide the best possible service in all aspects to our valued clients like yourself, therefore we would value any feedback you could provide that would help us improve and make sure we can give you the best possible experience.

Kind Regards,

Richard

VIP Customer Service Agent

I'm hardly one of Betfair's big earners - times must be hard if Betfair are concerned enough to phone me!

Does anybody know what 'VIP Customer Service Agent' is suppose to mean? Am I the VIP or does everybody have that in their emails? :lol:
LinusP

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi Derek

We have tried to give you a call today with regards to your account. We noticed that your activity on the Exchange over Cheltenham this year had decreased on previous years and we just wanted to check in and make sure that everything was okay in regards to your account.

We wanted to see if there was anything we could help you with or any issues you were having with our site. We would greatly appreciate any feedback you had with regards to our service and anything that might be causing your decline with us. We are always striving to provide the best possible service in all aspects to our valued clients like yourself, therefore we would value any feedback you could provide that would help us improve and make sure we can give you the best possible experience.

Kind Regards,

Richard

I'm hardly one of Betfair's big earners - times must be hard if Betfair are concerned enough to phone me!

Does anybody know what 'VIP Customer Service Agent' is suppose to mean? Am I the VIP or does everybody have that in their emails? :lol:
VIP is reserved for the big spenders (losers)
Derek27

:lol:
Daaniel

Derek27 wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:50 pm

Hi Derek

Kind Regards,

Richard

Yesterday I received a call from my new ,,Vip account manager'' , she just wanted to introduce herself, asked me if I would be interested in tickets to a Real Madrid match and gave me a 100e sportbook bonus. I think she was quite nice :)
Derek27

Just as I thought, we're all VIPs!
Euler

I've never been invited to an event by the VIP team.
spreadbetting

Only thing I ever got was a pair of gloves that a 5 year old would have trouble getting in , a pack of cards and a few diaries in the early days.

God knows how Derek's activity decreased he seems to be on around the clock, maybe you'd taken an hour off for lunch, Derek?
Derek27

I don't log my turnover as it doesn't mean much to me. I just log my P/L for each market, but I used to lay the field in the antepost markets and that would have racked up a lot of turnover.

I was once invited to a Betfair seminar/training day (largely aimed at beginners), where we were each giving an account with £50 in it and instructions on trading. I wasn't too impressed with the training, basically backing the over 1.5 market and then trading for a one-tick profit and repeating. But I wouldn't complain about the free food and beer. :D
ShaunWhite

You're being groomed Derek. If they start saying how pretty you are, or they try and touch your arse.... Please go and tell an adult.
Derek27

I'd rather have my arse fondled than pay 40% PC. ;)
Dallas

spreadbetting wrote:
Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:30 pm
Only thing I ever got was a pair of gloves that a 5 year old would have trouble getting in , a pack of cards and a few diaries in the early days.
At least your in good company by receiving a pack of cards
viewtopic.php?t=10639

Return to “Trading Horse racing”