Cheltenham Festival 2018

The sport of kings.
Derek27

Gold Cup holder Sizing John ruled out of the Cheltenham Gold Cup, AtTheRaces.
SeaHorseRacing

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Happy Days!! As long as the horse is well, I'm on big on Might Bite!!
Derek27

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 7:03 pm
Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 6:51 pm
Happy Days!! As long as the horse is well, I'm on big on Might Bite!!
It's not so important to me now that I'm focusing on trading, but it does look like a very substandard Gold Cup, and perhaps a substandard staying chase division.
SeaHorseRacing

I think Might Bite is very special.

When I got into trading I thought the same way as you as I wasn't so interested in the racing anymore other than the numbers on my betangel screen, but it turned out that horse racing is just too much in my blood.

I can see why racing channels and the betting public don't like traders and that's because they don't view racing in the same way as the normal "punter"
Horse racing is a sport just like football, not sure about others but I think the majority of people appreciate football for what it is rather then the odds you are on and I think trading takes that away from racing.

Very few people would sit at home every Saturday and watching the racing with a cuppa and not be betting.

If this thread was on a betting forum it would be a hot topic whereas here it will only gain interest come Monday.

I understand why as trading is a business and should be treated like so, I dont bet with my betfair account because it has potential to be lethal and I think more people who get into trading from a racing back ground need to make that distinction. I love to bet, however I love my trading but mixing the two not only doesnt work people who tent to trade dont view racing the same way as a better.

For me anyway, the point is. Breeders cup night and a few other events, Cheltenham gold cup day is not a day I trade and a day I will enjoy the wonderful part of the sport as a spectator. I think with trading its very easy to become robotic and just trade everything.
Derek27

I have to admit, despite being a trader, I was close to tears when Sprinter Sacre destroyed the field and regained his crown two years ago.
SeaHorseRacing

Derek27 wrote:
Thu Mar 08, 2018 8:12 pm
I have to admit, despite being a trader, I was close to tears when Sprinter Sacre destroyed the field and regained his crown two years ago.
That's a good point, I was so possed with my trading in that period, I can barely remember a winner from visual memory.

Back on a trading topic, for any newbies out there this is my third Cheltenham I will be trading and the first I will be having a go with some pretty large stacks.

If your new or have a low bank, concentrating on just getting one trade through, expect to make smaller sums. I went wrong my first attempt, its actually very easy to trade if you know that you're going to have to be patient. Concentrate on getting the greens rather then the big greens.

Just look for one profitable trade in each race, if you get it wrong try not to become desperate, all about a quality trade next week.
ShaunWhite

Betfair only numbers. Over/Under £135m this year?
2017 £4.25m PE and £600k IP avg/race(28).
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Euler

Do you mind if I include that graphic in my blog post this weekend? Obviously, I'll give you credit.
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 4:45 am
Do you mind if I include that graphic in my blog post this weekend? Obviously, I'll give you credit.
Feel free... they're based on your numbers typed from a YT vid so the IP is yours, but the 2017 #s are mine. :)
Cheers for the nod though, yet another instance when I wish I'd registered with a cool name instead of just my own. A credit would be nice rather than necessary so use it as you like.

I've had plenty from the forum so here's something back....
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Tue Mar 06, 2018 12:13 pm
FIRST FLOW for the Supreme Novices, this horse will only run if the ground is heavy. NRNB at 25s with a few firms, again if this runs, your looking at less then 10/1.
Anyone take the 25/1 available with most firms?

12s Now, With the rain, looks like this horse will be an 8/1 shot come tomorrow eve,
Dave C

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:57 pm

No, this is a trading forum. I'm sure PuntersParadise/SadKen.com would be interested though.
ShaunWhite

Dave C wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:38 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:57 pm
No, this is a trading forum. I'm sure PuntersParadise/SadKen.com would be interested though.
25s early seems like a great opportunity to trade out late, why the animosity?
Dave C

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sat Mar 10, 2018 7:23 pm

25s early seems like a great opportunity to trade out late, why the animosity?
Sorry, I got the OP confused with another.
SeaHorseRacing

I really hope so. I managed 385 over 3 bookies in total.

I will wait to see if it goes to 8s tomorrow if not I will sit my lay money at sp.
SeaHorseRacing

Hopefully Samcro and Faugheen dont run in those races either so i can get some cash back, might have too much money tied up which could hinder my Cheltenham if First Flow wins on tuesday as it could rip apart my bank which means trying to get paid in bookies and back into BF account.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”