Irish racing moving from ATR to RUK

The sport of kings.
Dublin_Flyer

Haven't been on the forum much lately, apologies if it's covered elsewhere.

Any views on it regarding; liquidity being spread, in-running clashes, automations being screwed up, etc?

Personally I think it could be the death knell for ATR. They're already disliked by many for the number of ads, chats, general sh1t coverage etc. However should that happen, then it'll be a monopoly for RUK pretty much.

Take into account that UK/Ireland share many bank holidays, so there's extra meetings on those days, on occasion 50-60 races. At present there's roughly a 10 min break between start times on each channel (pre-off stuff, race, commentary, break, interview, break, next race) I don't see how it's feasibly possible for RUK to include the Irish racing into their schedule without reducing the coverage of UK races that would have previously been full attention.

Short term, I predict havok, longer term I predict RUK being split into extra channels, RUK, RUK Ireland, RUK France, RUK South Africa, RUK US, RUK Camel Racing, RUK Falcon racing. Remember when there was just Sky Sports? How many is there now!?
Derek27

I was quite gutted about it and wonder how much longer ATR can survive. There are some afternoons when they have no racing to show and just recycle documentary reports. I find it useful for French, US and Australian racing but I doubt it can survive on a UK free diet.

Don't know exactly why the change came about.
SeaHorseRacing

Expect a price increase!!!

This can only hit traders more. Additionally for the punters, who wants to watch racing with a split screen all the time!!!
Dublin_Flyer

Cash Derek, Horse Racing Ireland took the short term high offer without viewing the long term consequences. They've done a.....I'm coining the phrase HRIxit! :lol: :roll:
ShaunWhite

Glad to hear ATR might be doomed. I hate to see a crap business surviving just because they have a monopoly on the commodity.
Dublin_Flyer

ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 6:32 pm
Glad to hear ATR might be doomed. I hate to see a crap business surviving just because they have a monopoly on the commodity.
So how do you see your fellow traders that might be affected by this change? just useless scumbags that couldn't keep up with you, or don't pay for the RUK live video?
to75ne

both chans in my opinion are rubbish, so i cant see Irish racing being served any better/worse with ruk but at least it will be shown.

If you turn the volume off and use the commentary/punditry from billy hills that will usually give a 10 times improvement straight away,not ideal but better than what you currently have available.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”