Pre Race Trading and Betfair Graphs

The sport of kings.
mobius

RECORD in PRACTICE MODE - you can watch a 4Hr Session in -a) 1 hour or b)15 minutes and you'll see the patterns.
ShaunWhite

mobius wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 am
RECORD in PRACTICE MODE - you can watch a 4Hr Session in -a) 1 hour or b)15 minutes and you'll see the patterns.
What video player are you using? WMPs transport controls are a bit primative. DiVx player and VLC aren't much better.
cookyweb

mobius wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:39 am
Hi Mobius,

I’m really intrigued by your posts are you a full time trader?
mobius

I'm going senile.
I forgot to press submit here's the non answer to Shaun's question I don't know what you are on about oldboy --------------

Flashback express - its free.
1.Record 4 hours (4HRS)
2. Playback recording at 4X speed While rerecording. Make tea cos I'm peckish (1HR)
3. Watch rerecording in 15minutes while eating my tea! Gosh I'm so busy.
Oh bugger it! I was make this rhyme.

FB slows down your machine so practice mode and preplay recommended NOT inplay with own cash.

It HAS scheduling so set up to start @ 1PM and stop @ 5PM (your choice) and you can watch an afternoons racing in 15mins.
With ladders you can WATCH your very own ballsups - ie. two hours playing with ladder one and ladder 5 was SCREAMING money at you. I've got multi laptop setup.
IDEAL for newbies and old fossils like myself (ZX81's).
You can SEE the patterns. If RED goes down something else (Green or Blue or, or,or will go up. Resetting the Market Overview grid key to Range% sorts it all for you etc. etc. Ideal for Automation Timing - a one mile race gets interesting at 60sec in. you can use two laptops and watch Monday's racing while typing this crap on my trusty old CQ57 and go thru the whole afternoon - this evening. I'm decorating the kitchen today (60 years of gloss paint to be removed) I'll watch later. Coffee break over and kebab between 5&6 while rerecording. I'll and so on . TaTa for now.
:D
And I bloody hate decorating.
No I'm not fulltime, I'm retired. I do crappy jobs check automation timing do more crappy jobs around the house.
You WILL have to work out YOUR own style, EVERYBODY has their own method of working.
Recording your screens will save you months/years of ballsups/carcrashes.
WHOA IT'S KEBAB TIME :D :D :D :D :D
I'm bloody starving. TTFN.
RedBrain

Hi everyone. While this delay in Thirsk I was looking at the graph, thinking about my trade in market etc... And while looking at BF graphs I thought it would be good(?) idea to use Fibonacci trade levels for analysis. Since I haven't seen any type of this tool in several programs i used (Bet Angel, other software etc..) I made a quick draw in paint and it looks as I expected.. Two main levels 38,2 and 61,8 act as the should (from my small background in forex), because it shows how people behave.
Whad do you think about this?
cookyweb

Hi Mobius,

It’s confusing for a newbie to understand where to start because a lot of the information seems to sort of contradict.

It’s hard to know whether you should be studying the ladder initially or searching for re occurring patterns

From what I keep reading it seems like a new traders primary objective should be to spot patterns, and therefor when you open up a race 10 minutes out you should know what’s likely to happen based on what “normally” happens in that situation

Then you read the signs and signals to confirm what you expected or not

Do you have any thoughts on this?
mobius

I wish I knew what normal was, maybe Peter or Dallas could enlighten everybody so we all knew. Every market is different - go through the "Betfair Chart of the Day" thread, or Today's Racing. Every days a new day, and every market is a new start. I pick what I think is a good position about 10mins out and see what happens
7mins to go.PNG

IN PRACTICE MODE
it's bloody monday so i don't do reality.
couple of minutes to go.PNG
POSTING NOW
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
mobius

Just to keep everything timestamped
raci inrunning
POSTING
mobius

These donkeys are still in running

Oooh! they've finally caught up and that's me knocking off cos' I've got to tidy the mess up and I don't care who won (apart from "practice" me)
Black Ice

Hi Mobius..thanks for the heads up on FB..I've downloaded it and it takes up less memory than My Screen Recorder which ive been using. HOWEVER! i just cant find how you speed it up for playback..Vid tutorials dont explain. Can you please let us know how one speeds up playback...many thanks..
Korattt

wouldn’t get too involved in trying to read Betfair charts ,

I wouldn’t try & look at a chart trying to interpret past peaks & troughs etc, they can give clues as to what might happen but it really is what happens when the real money comes into a market, if I knew back then what I know now I wouldn’t have wasted all that time trying to study the ins & outs of Betfair charts in the way I did, they’re distorted anyway, but then again I guess it’s all part of the learning curve finding stuff out through experience, making mistakes & looking at stuff that’s available to you & reading into it incorrectly
wearthefoxhat

Black Ice wrote:
Thu May 03, 2018 8:24 pm
Hi Mobius..thanks for the heads up on FB..I've downloaded it and it takes up less memory than My Screen Recorder which ive been using. HOWEVER! i just cant find how you speed it up for playback..Vid tutorials dont explain. Can you please let us know how one speeds up playback...many thanks..
Find the tab: Movies

Then select playback speed you need.
Black Ice

Many thanks wearthefoxhat..so easy when you know!!
Black Ice

And many thanks DALLAS for exposing F Express!!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”