Gambler who cracked horse racing code

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

I was suprised that he was up to 120 parameters before including yard moves.
The dog of ry

Derek27 wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 4:46 pm
I read it in the end (skimming though bits) - I haven't been so bored since listening to President Dinnerjacket's speech following the capture of British soldiers and sailors!

The only interesting bit is what McGoo quoted!
Sincere apologies Derek.

The story of how you made your first billion dollars must be a cracker, I can't wait.
Euler

I'm still waiting for the call from Bloomberg
ShaunWhite

Euler wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 10:08 am
I'm still waiting for the call from Bloomberg
Turn gamekeeper and launch BAX, they'll be knocking your door down ;)
Derek27

The dog of ry wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:08 am
Derek27 wrote:
I read it in the end (skimming though bits) - I haven't been so bored since listening to President Dinnerjacket's speech following the capture of British soldiers and sailors!

Sincere apologies Derek.

The story of how you made your first billion dollars must be a cracker, I can't wait.
If I made a billion the story would be along the lines of: sat in front of my computer, placed a bet that won, placed another bet that won, etc. I wouldn't bother mentioning all the young girls I bring back to my flat (or by then, mansion) as it's not relevant to the story. :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 2:57 pm
If I made a billion the story would be along the lines of: sat in front of my computer, placed a bet that won, placed another bet that won, etc. I wouldn't bother mentioning all the young girls I bring back to my flat (or by then, mansion) as it's not relevant to the story. :D
You sat in your pants all day in front of a computer isn't a story. Vegas, the shady investors, the size of the operation, the feud, the lifestyle, the effort and innovation...now that's a story.

If you take all the non relevant stuff out of a story, it's just a headline.

You might like this Popular Books Summarized in 3 Sentences or Less :)
Derek27

I much prefer the three sentence summaries.

The last book I read was A Boy Called It, about an abused child in the US. My sister said read the first chapter and you won't be able to put the book down. I read the first few chapters and then started skimming through the book to get to the interesting parts, but it made me realise why I don't like reading. I just want the details and don't want to read a two-page description of somebody's view of the sun setting over a mountain!
jimibt

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:33 pm
I much prefer the three sentence summaries.

The last book I read was A Boy Called It, about an abused child in the US. My sister said read the first chapter and you won't be able to put the book down. I read the first few chapters and then started skimming through the book to get to the interesting parts, but it made me realise why I don't like reading. I just want the details and don't want to read a two-page description of somebody's view of the sun setting over a mountain!
derek - that truly is sad as the flourishes are what glues the facts together. funnily enough, watched 3 billboards last night and was genuinely touched by the humour in the piece -the bits that acted to bond the disparate characters together, that MADE the story imho
Kafkaesque

Derek27 wrote:
The dog of ry wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:08 am
Derek27 wrote:

Sincere apologies Derek.

Given that you need to sneak around and cut the electricity to get those girls to come around, it won't put you in the best of lights anyway :D
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
I just want the details and don't want to read a two-page description of somebody's view of the sun setting over a mountain!
Have you ever heard of something call 'foreplay' Derek?
Derek27

Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm
Given that you need to sneak around and cut the electricity to get those girls to come around, it won't put you in the best of lights anyway :D
They'll come round if you got the money. :)
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:57 pm
Kafkaesque wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:41 pm
They'll come round if you got the money. :)
Twice?
ShaunWhite

What happened to
Derek27 wrote:
I wouldn't bother mentioning all the young girls I bring back to my flat (or by then, mansion) as it's not relevant to the story. :D
;)
Kafkaesque

I haven't got the slightest idea, how this conversation reminded me of a vid, I haven't seen for years. No matter, here's a starter book for ya Derek. And it's even read out loud to you.

Disclaimer: This might be deemed a bit inappropriate, if you're - well - a bit stuck-up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sU95SJDWuSY
Derek27

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue May 08, 2018 3:55 pm
Derek27 wrote:
I just want the details and don't want to read a two-page description of somebody's view of the sun setting over a mountain!
Have you ever heard of something call 'foreplay' Derek?
Yes, that's when you warm up with small stakes on the first race isn't it?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”