Betfair Graphs

The sport of kings.
cookyweb

Hi All,

I've already asked about Betfair Graphs once and the help was very useful, however I still feel like I use them incorrectly and use them as a main reason to place a trade, I cant help it at the moment for some reason.

Do you think the betfair Graphs are critical to Trading? I'm thinking that for a while I dont even look at them at all and try to Trade purely from the information on the ladder, but is it even possible to Trade that way or is the information on the Graphs vital to decision making whilst pre race trading?

Cookyweb
Moniac

cookyweb wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 3:48 pm
I cant help it at the moment for some reason.
Either control yourself (see above), or look at them when you arrive, see what's been happening, remember significant moves, sup/res levels etc etc and then minimize them.

Didn't this answer your question? viewtopic.php?f=5&t=16308&p=151371&hilit=graphs#p151371

But if you like the comfort of having charts, you'd be better off doing what northbound suggested and look at the advanced charts.
Korattt

try it, try looking for a move without looking at the BF charts, when I look at the BF charts now I don’t try & “read into them” like I used to, there’s no way I try & understand each peak & trough, you will discover a market that will have a trend that is relentlessly coming in then *BAM*, a £xyz lay stake (& then some) will probably stall it then probably make it reverse, it’s through experience you’ll get to know which markets this is more likely to happen.

Advanced charts along with the market overview are absolutely the way to go, the BF charts IMO are only there for a educated point of view what will happen.
cookyweb

Thank you both very much for the replies
Moniac

What's your expectation cooky? And how many are you getting right?

Anything >50% is a good start.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”