What is sort priority in betfair data

The sport of kings.
favetelinguis

What is sortpriority in betfair data and how is it decided?
ShaunWhite

Do you mean the api data or what's exported from BA?
favetelinguis

The API data. I tought it was a general term?
ShaunWhite

LinusP

Basically a made up order value (used on the website for ordering), updated randomly based on LTP but is normally left alone on the live shows.
favetelinguis

So if i would like to keep the selections sorted from favorite to least favorite should i just use sortprority or should i use last traded price?
Euler

If you are talking UK racing, the sort order is defined by the tissue prices at market open. So sorting by LTP will rearrange according to any market moves.
favetelinguis

Sorry if im asking very noob questions. But is not the favorite defined by the hourse offering the smallest lay price at any point in time? So sorting according to best lay price would be the best?
favetelinguis

However one point I dont understand id when you say "tissue prices at market open" but sort priority is avaliable in the betfair data way before the market open? So if we talk about sort priority for betfair data is it still the same really?
ShaunWhite

favetelinguis wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 1:33 pm
However one point I dont understand id when you say "tissue prices at market open" but sort priority is avaliable in the betfair data way before the market open? So if we talk about sort priority for betfair data is it still the same really?
Are you talking about the api data sort order, or just the sort order in Bet Angel automation?

Order of favouritism is based on the back price not the lay price.

You can define a sort order before the market opens, but until there is a market and prices it obviously has no effect.

Maybe if you explain what you are trying to do, people can give a better answer. The sequence/order/sort of the api data isn't usually an issue for 99.9% of users.
favetelinguis

Im just trying to understand all the language used in horse racing. For example in one of Peters youtube videos he says that there is a strong correlation between the price movements of the favorite and the second favorite. I dont understand what is meant with favorite? That is does this correlation change at every time instance given best back bet at that moment or is this someting that is fixed even before the market starts given some news in a paper leading up to the race? Lets say to want to sort the ladders so I at every time instance have the favorite and the second favorite (between wich Peter claims there are a strong correlation) as my 2 most left ladders, what would be the best data to base this sorting on? Would it be sort priority in the betfair API data, the best back offer, LTP or some other data?
ShaunWhite

favetelinguis wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm
I dont understand what is meant with favorite?
The horse with the shortest back odds, 2nd Favourite = 2nd shortest etc
When two have the same odds they are called Joint Favourites.
favetelinguis wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 2:37 pm
Lets say to want to sort the ladders so I at every time instance have the favorite and the second favorite (between wich Peter claims there are a strong correlation) as my 2 most left ladders

Sort by the current back price. BetAngel has an icon to do this, the "123" button at the top of the ladder page.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”