Dobbing - Today's DOB's

The sport of kings.
wearthefoxhat

Going for a four-fold acca today. (approx 2.44 odds return before comms)

Qobs12jun.PNG

All working well so far, Handicaps preferred over Non-Handicaps. Had Le Martalin on short list but a Novice Chase @ Roscommon 8.00 sends a chill down my spine... :?
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Have fun,
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
BetScalper

Me rubbish at greening up, again. :roll:
wearthefoxhat

Someones fat fingers.....wasn't me... (nearly 5 hour to post time)
ashazurigraph.PNG
BetScalper

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 3:18 pm
Someones fat fingers.....wasn't me... (nearly 5 hour to post time)

ashazurigraph.PNG
Jesus. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
wearthefoxhat

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

Qobs12jun.PNG

All working well so far, Handicaps preferred over Non-Handicaps. Had Le Martalin on short list but a Novice Chase @ Roscommon 8.00 sends a chill down my spine... :?

4/4 and avoided one too....

Ljubbyl.PNG
BetScalper

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:45 pm
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:13 am

Qobs12jun.PNG

4/4 and avoided one too....

Ljubbyl.PNG
Well done. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
BetScalper

For information purposes only.

Have fun,
ANGELS15

Something odd happened today which I thought I'd share on the off chance that more experienced traders may be able to explain. I looked at a horse today in the 4.0 Salisbury 'Fabulous Red'. There were only 4 runners and it was the outsider of 4 at odds of around 8.0 (around the time of the race). At first I thought I'd DOB it, however I noticed the favourite was a front runner and I thought it was more likely my horse would probably only shorten if it came with a strong challenge at the death. If that was the case then it may even win. So perhaps stupidly I backed it with a back bet of £6 @ 8.0 and then placed a lay bet of £40 @ 1.33 to go in-running when the race went off. Sure enough although my horse travelled well it did not shorten significantlly until the last furlong when it was flying at the finish going down by a short head. I was watching the market on my phone as I do when I'm out, I could have sworn I saw the odds of my horse dip right down to 1.1 for about a second in the last 50 yards of the race before bouncing back up. I assumed my lay bet would be matched but it wasn't. I looked at the beffair chart and it displayed shortest odds matched on my horse 2.0?

Anyone got any ideas as to what happened? Thought I'd mention it on here as potentially it could happen with DOBBING as well. In fact I vaguely recall it's happened to me before and I actually rang Betfair but the guy I spoke to couldn't offer any explanation.
Dallas

You have to remember the odds you see are where the money is waiting so a price may not necessarily trade at it.
If it was running really well chances are a load of people pulled there waiting lay money below 2.0 so the best price to back was momentarily 1.10 before it filled back up again when it no longer looked so certain to win
ANGELS15

But woudn't the best price have been my offer of 1.33?
ANGELS15

What I mean is that the 'to back' price was briefly 1.1 which could only happen if the better prices like my 1.33 were taken?
Dallas

ANGELS15 wrote:
Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:56 pm
But woudn't the best price have been my offer of 1.33?
Yes sorry, you should have been able to see that, but if it was only the back price you could see at 1.33 or 1.10 etc then there is still no guarantee it actually traded that low (unless it was the lay price you seen at these odds) - are you sure you remembered to keep bets?

Also if you check Timeform you can see the lowest IR price a runner traded at (although it only shows the lowest where a min £100 was traded)
ANGELS15

That's a very good point Dallas, I often do this kind of trade and 99% I always 'keep' the lay bet. However on rare occasions I forgot to keep the bet, It's possible that may have happened here
BetScalper

Sometimes the back price can be < 2 but the lay price is much higher at say 2.5 etc.

But that's another closely guarded in-play strategy. :)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”