Top 100 In-Running Rated Horses

The sport of kings.
SeaHorseRacing

BetScalper wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 pm
One of them yes, but definitely not if there's more. Competition for pace isn't what you want if you're dobbing. Seems a chore cross checking that list, patternform or traderbot do that for you.
And what's wrong with dobbing more than 1 in the same race ? I had 2 today in a 7f handicap.
I was looking at this and their definetely is an edge d.obing two in the same race. Especially if you opinion is based on pace alone.

I will investigate more when I get a chance but certainly interesting. Doesnt look good with a short priced favourite aswell.

Ive also notice how little unknown jockey or trainers dont d.o.b.

Guess the inrunning clan always have their eyes on the names. I suppose if you looked at a race card without evening noticing the jockeys or trainers, if you had all unknown jockeys and trainers, but one dettori and gosden runner your brain will automatically draw your attention to them. Also think in running your less likely the need to revert to the colours of the jockey in running if you already know who they are.

Think this includes the horses themselves too. For example in the Derby this year Roaring Lion and Saxon warrior are far more likely to do.b than the rest because people know how good they are. All it takes is them to be half way there come 2f out and pretty sure they will d.o.b
SeaHorseRacing

If anyone can correlate top ten jockeys who were unplaced who d.o.b compared to the rest I would be gratefull :D

Would expect them to be higher.

Also be interested to see highest OR in the race unplaced who d.o.b compared to the rest.

What about horses who won last time out, who were unplaced, I bet they d.o.b more than they should.

When I have been looking through results you find alot of horses who have been beating only a lenght or less who still dont d.ob and i pretty sure this because of how unknown they are.
BetScalper

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 9:58 am
BetScalper wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:43 pm
ShaunWhite wrote:
Fri May 25, 2018 11:10 pm
One of them yes, but definitely not if there's more. Competition for pace isn't what you want if you're dobbing. Seems a chore cross checking that list, patternform or traderbot do that for you.
And what's wrong with dobbing more than 1 in the same race ? I had 2 today in a 7f handicap.
I was looking at this and their definetely is an edge d.obing two in the same race. Especially if you opinion is based on pace alone.

I will investigate more when I get a chance but certainly interesting. Doesnt look good with a short priced favourite aswell.

Ive also notice how little unknown jockey or trainers dont d.o.b.

Guess the inrunning clan always have their eyes on the names. I suppose if you looked at a race card without evening noticing the jockeys or trainers, if you had all unknown jockeys and trainers, but one dettori and gosden runner your brain will automatically draw your attention to them. Also think in running your less likely the need to revert to the colours of the jockey in running if you already know who they are.

Think this includes the horses themselves too. For example in the Derby this year Roaring Lion and Saxon warrior are far more likely to do.b than the rest because people know how good they are. All it takes is them to be half way there come 2f out and pretty sure they will d.o.b
+ 1

I have found that very often in Handicap races < 1 mile you can have more than 1 top rated in-running horse. I don't see any problem dobbing them from a liquidity point of view. Usually, if look for them to be priced >= 6, which means they only have to hit 3, so not even in the closing stages and at the front. I avoid races where the favourite is less than 3.

Last week I had 3 dobs in the same race priced at 6.2, 7.6 and 12.

Each race is different and I don't go looking for multiple dobs but if the consensus is there is more than 1 top rated in-running in the race, then why not!
BetScalper

Have a look at the 2.00pm 7f handicap race at York today.

There are 3 top rated in-running horses priced at 9.6, 10.5 and 18.5 with the favourite priced at 4.5

This one looks to be very competitive.
ShaunWhite

Nobody is saying 2 or more can't dob, I certainly didn't. All I was saying is that multiple front runners dob less frequently than single front runners. That's not a opinion it's a fact.

Those horses listed might well dob >50% of the time, but personally I just prefer to focus on those with a higher chance than that and I'm looking for early pace horses rather than last furlong contenders. That's why I'd avoid sprints too, an ify break from the stalls and it's all over (mind you that depends on if you place the back bet before or after the start).

I really can't see why you think anyone is taking the piss. What's wrong with taking your info and refining it further?
spreadbetting

I've a script somewhere that picks out the dobbers from the daily runners and the Betfair database data , I'll see if I can drag it out and post some up from the bare stats. I had it automated at one time but didn't continue with it as it wasn't a winner
SeaHorseRacing

Look forward to it.
eightbo

BetScalper wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 am

Why do people keep saying the Book% on either side is kept to 100%.

Its not, track the Back Book% / Lay Book% In-Running, it will spike up and down from 100% to 150% on the Back side (sometimes below 100%) and 70% to 100% (sometimes above 100%) on the Lay side.

If they were both stuck at 100% on both sides before or In-Running then the market makers wouldn't make any money. If this theory is true then how come I am able to DOB on more than 1 selection in short furlong races, who is taking/matching my money, someone from the X FILES ?
You can have 5+ runners touch lows of 1.2 but the point is you don't get matched at the same time.
Last edited by eightbo on Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
BetScalper

eightbo wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:28 pm
BetScalper wrote:
Sat May 26, 2018 8:36 am

Why do people keep saying the Book% on either side is kept to 100%.

Its not, track the Back Book% / Lay Book% In-Running, it will spike up and down from 100% to 150% on the Back side (sometimes below 100%) and 70% to 100% (sometimes above 100%) on the Lay side.

If they were both stuck at 100% on both sides before or In-Running then the market makers wouldn't make any money. If this theory is true then how come I am able to DOB on more than 1 selection in short furlong races, who is taking/matching my money, someone from the X FILES ?
Wake up. You can have 5+ runners touch lows of 1.2 but the point is you don't get matched at the same time...
I never said they did all get matched at the same time. And who said anything about dobbing at 2.0 ?
eightbo

To be clear, what I meant was:
Multiple front-runners vs. a single front-runner will mean less chance of you exiting your 'DOB' earlier in the race as the front-runners will all be competing with each other for the lead (they all slightly contract in price) vs. having one clear leader, where the price contracts on them significantly.

Btw can't you see that assuming you know what people mean and what their intentions are is preventing you from learning/improving?

If you make jokes at people who are trying to help you, they're not going to help you in the future :D
BetScalper

eightbo wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:41 pm
To be clear, what I meant was:
Multiple front-runners vs. a single front-runner will mean less chance of you exiting your 'DOB' earlier in the race as the front-runners will all be competing with each other for the lead (they all slightly contract in price) vs. having one clear leader, where the price contracts on them significantly.

Btw can't you see that assuming you know what people mean and what their intentions are is preventing you from learning/improving?

If you make jokes at people who are trying to help you, they're not going to help you in the future :D
Did I ask for any help ?
eightbo

Oh, so we shouldn't offer to help an old lady cross the road unless she asks?

Don't get why you'd get all upset about something you have the option to ignore.

Best of luck with your DOB'ing mate I'll leave you to it :lol:
BetScalper

eightbo wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 11:07 pm
Oh, so we shouldn't offer to help an old lady cross the road unless she asks?

Just not sure why you'd get all upset about something you have the option to ignore.

Best of luck with your DOB'ing mate :lol:
Why would I help an old lady cross the road ?

You never seen the film Logun's Run. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Trading Horse racing”