Tracking Volume?

The sport of kings.
Max W

I have a question - Say I track Volume, 1 Runner vs Rest of Runners, and the volume on Runner 1 increases, what happens to the odds? (what happens if the volume increases but everyone is laying it?) also what happens to the volume from cross matching, is it attributed to the intentional runner or on the runner its cross matched with?

I cant get my head around it, or I'm over thinking it.

I hope someone can help.

Thankyou in advance.

Max.
dt888

For me I mainly use volume figures for 2 reasons

The market volume to see the overall interest in a market

And the volume at each tick on each runner to assess price bands and breakouts

When a race gets into its last 5 mins or so you can kind of see on the ladders when volume is increasing or which side the money is being taken without necessarily looking at exact changes in the volume figures themselves

I'm sure others use volume figures very well in different ways though
Max W

Thanks for your reply, Do you know how the volume is handled with cross matching?
Regards, Max.
dt888

Not too sure on that one

I'm guessing that if say a big back bet came in and triggered cross matching, then money matched on the other runners due to cross matching would just stay as volume on those other runners. If thats what you mean

But as I say just a guess, I'm sure somebody on here will be able to give you the answer
Dallas

It shows on the selection it's matched one, hence the reason why it can feel like money is jumping in front of you when you see the traded vol go up more than double what was waiting to be matched in front of you

and of course why PIQ is next to useless
mobius

"and of course why PIQ is next to useless":-
Dallas

+1 ;)
Max W

Thank you for clearing this up, everyone.
Regards, Max.
dropss81

It's a tricky one..

The market volume is 0

If a place a back bet of £15 @ price of 7 .. What is Total matched volume on that market ??
30(15+15) or 105 (15+90) ???
burntheory

I believe it depends upon the platform you're using. Betfair would be £30, Betdaq £105.
Vladimir CC

dropss81 wrote:
Thu Dec 24, 2020 10:30 pm
It's a tricky one..

The market volume is 0

If a place a back bet of £15 @ price of 7 .. What is Total matched volume on that market ??
30(15+15) or 105 (15+90) ???
depends if the money is crossmatched or matched. if matched then the vol is 30. if Xmatched then the vol is 15 + the equivalent amount that has been Xmatched on the other selection

i've made an experiment back in the day when i was using "Greek's Troy" and Xmatched my own money. i placed a 20GBP [email protected] on ZSC and placed another lay bet to match the 8GBP that appeared @3.65 on Lausanne. the second bet wiped out both the 8 virtual Xmatched money and the 20 real money(see the volume on the ladder), leaving me with 2 matched bets and a hedged loss of 0.04(the hedge button on the right is wrong). the total volume is 28.
XM own money.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”