Racing Pundits Are Driving Me Mad

The sport of kings.
mhorro

Hi,

I am 53 so I have an excuse!

I had to sit and listen to the 'expert racing pundits on Friday/Saturday at Epsom and today at Ayr they are driving me mad!

If they are that good why are they not sitting in a Villa in the sun enjoying life, in other words not having to work!

I am so pissed off with these people it is boring broadcasting, get an ex jockey who will be their self or better still a top gambler.

I have now got to the stage were I mute all races, is that s sad state of affairs.

The 'horse has bounced back to form', yeh right give us a break oh buy the way the race was the most expensive handicap of the day!!!!

Off for a beer!

Thanks,

Mark

:twisted:
spreadbetting

Anyone who thinks they'll make money following a TV pundit is severly deluded, they're only there to pad out airtime between races and are expected to say something about every runner. Can't be an easy job having to comment on every runner even though you've probably only seen the card when you've arrived at the course. I think Mick Fitzgerald is a good advert for why they shouldn't be employing ex jockeys as pundits tbh.
Korattt

mhorro wrote:
Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:15 pm
Hi,

I am 53 so I have an excuse!

I had to sit and listen to the 'expert racing pundits on Friday/Saturday at Epsom and today at Ayr they are driving me mad..
+1
brimson25

It's money for old rope!
Euler

I agree, there is often very little value in listening to them. OK, they have a job to do, but summarising each runner in a field of 16 with a positive isn't very helpful. I often find myself shouting at pundits on the TV because they have it so wrong, so often and I bet you none could ever do it for a living.

Football is worse though, the amount of rubbish that spews from pundits is amazing. When a goal goes in just before halftime they say what a great time to score. But having worked with coaches, that's just not true. A goal just after halftime would be much worse from a tactical viewpoint.
mhorro

What gets on my goat is that they make quotes like 'won off a mark 85 2 years ago' yes we all know it's in the form book!

Why do they not make a quote like this,

'Horse Ran 10 days ago, was down the field running, in a more competitive race today but that previous run was only to blow the cobwebs away but this is the target they have been aiming for a a valuable Handicap!'

or another quote,

'Top jockey booked today horse has not won for 2 years and from a gambling stable who can only make a living by placing their horses!'

A few years Betfair used to have a radio channel were pundits discussed horse racing and it was brilliant were is it now? Now I used to listen to this all of the time!

Thanks,

Mark
Derek27

Timeform radio was brilliant and a lot of people miss that, but generally I don't agree with the above comments. Racing UK (haven't listened to it for a while) sound quite knowledgeable. Basically if you're serious about horse racing you don't listen to it much because you have your own opinion, put money down and are busy looking at the markets, making your own notes, etc, and can agree or disagree with what you hear.
ShaunWhite

My gripe is the adverts on ATR which always run during the loading process. If it was free tv I'd understand, but the benefit of a subscription service should be that it's ad free. RUK manage it.

Switching between channels (muting one or the other) is a pain too. Some days I close them and just use BFLV even though the audio is a bit late starting.
Korattt

Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am
“I often find myself shouting at pundits on the TV because they have it so wrong..“
It’s not just me then?
Euler wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:09 am
“Football is worse though..”
Yep, Jonathan Pearce is a complete twat
SeaHorseRacing

Racing is muted at all times, with the exception of the likes of the Derby etc. Just play music instead. I actually think racing UK is worse. Excluding PPI and bullions by post on atr they are much better. Racing UK have peeps like Dave Nevison who are successful gamblers but are boring.
StellaBot

I remember Clare Balding and Willie Carson at Ascot one time.
Both picked their thought of the winner and both lost .
Emm Ian Balding (clares father) horse won.
mhorro

Don't get me started on Football, I hate the game!

Why do I want want to watch 22 millionaires strutting their stuff on a football pitch were the clubs charge ridiculous prices for season tickets.

The average working person doing a JOB ( Just Over Broke ) cannot afford this.

I remember a certain top premiership footballer who I believe at the time was in his teens getting paid some serious money, he made a comment he was too tired!

Look at a Jockeys day, hard work and very risky!

Footballers should be paid by results and a wage cap.

It amazes me how top flight football clubs are run, managers are sacked so easily, you would never run a business like that, it is crazy!

Beer time in the Garden.

Thanks ,

Mark
Korattt

mhorro wrote:
Tue Jun 05, 2018 5:40 pm
Don't get me started on Football, I hate the game!

Why do I want want to watch 22 millionaires strutting their stuff on a football pitch were the clubs charge ridiculous prices for season tickets.

The average working person doing a JOB (Just Over Broke ) cannot afford this.
I’ve felt this way for a while now, my enthusiasm for the game has waned since 2011, (the last time I attended a game)
mhorro

Can the UK premier league maintain the increase in the cost of wages, I guess not! Lets get back to grass roots! :D
stueytrader

Glad this thread showed it isn't only me then, lol.

I find the incessant chittering before the races mind numbing and totally annoying. Lydia Hislop anyone? The other day her and Eddie (I think it is) spent about a constant 10 minutes going on about every runner other than the favourite, and how they had great chances....then the favourite won it by clear space....agggh!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”