Backtesting irregularities

The sport of kings.
ruthlessimon

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm
by studying the charts of the day thread, there is practically the fundamentals there to put oneself in positive trading territory
What I'm getting at is, the graphs alone, are useless for understanding the logic behind the trader winning on that said market. If they were doing it just via price (as you assume) they'd be unprofitable. Their logic is far deeper & more complex
Korattt

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:51 pm
Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 2:40 pm
by studying the charts of the day thread, there is practically the fundamentals there to put oneself in positive trading territory
What I'm getting at is, the graphs alone, are useless for understanding the logic behind the trader winning on that said market. If they were doing it just via price (as you assume) they'd be unprofitable. Their logic is far deeper & more complex
Simon, who said anything about looking at the graphs?
ruthlessimon

Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Sorry if you meant something else, I just assumed "studying the charts of the day thread" meant literally looking at patterns in the charts posted on that thread (i.e. one-way movers)
Korattt

ruthlessimon wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 6:00 pm
Korattt wrote:
Mon Jul 09, 2018 5:58 pm
Sorry if you meant something else, I just assumed "studying the charts of the day thread" meant literally looking at patterns in the charts posted on that thread (i.e. one-way movers)
think you were thinking too fast there my friend

Return to “Trading Horse racing”