Betdaq diving...?

The sport of kings.
stueytrader

Just wondered if anyone else thought the racing liquidity becoming poorer at Daq (in comparison to BF)?

Goodwood markets look awful in comparison.
Dallas

Its actually been the opposite, so far this year Betdaq's been up on past years, think it was up around 20% at Cheltenham
Euler has posted a few figures on it here and on Twitter over the last few months
stueytrader

So why the empty markets...? Pennies compared to BF this morning?

It is now picking up must admit, just a case of the money arrives later there?
eightbo

hi Stuey,

I traded 24 HR markets on there yesterday, focusing on Goodwood.

It's tradeable in that you can get around £250-£500 liability worth of stakes through on the average cards and a bit more on at Goodwood.
The exchange is explicitly linked to the price action on betfair (0.x sec behind)
and unfortunately the activity is EXTREMELY thin until a selection's price moves one way or the other, at which point you should get matched.

The end result is most of the time you're giving away a tick to enter and another to exit.

Scalping's out of the question R/R-wise but longer moves can still be justified. Commission is 2% so that helps too.
stueytrader

Thanks, yep I agree the 2% will always look attractive in any case....
iambic_pentameter

Due a to misunderstanding on Betfair Live Chat, I found myself with a 6 month suspension in November 2017 and had to trade on Betdaq and I have to say, it was the best thing that ever happened to me.

More people should try it and be pleasantly surprised - put it this way, I can't remember the last time it went down...

Off topic but question for Euler:

I've noticed around £5k sitting at 1.10 after races go in play - is that you?
eightbo

"Due a to a misunderstanding on Betfair Live Chat"
:lol:

"had to trade on Betdaq and I have to say, it was the best thing that ever happened to me"
Detail why please?

"I've noticed around £5k sitting at 1.10 after races go in play"
Sounds like a typical 'fat finger' bot, i'd guess it gets pulled when some criteria are met, who cares who's it is lol
iambic_pentameter

Back in November, I was experiencing some business issues which I thought 'might' result in HMRC bankrupting me - as it was they didn't and haven't since. Anyway, I happened to innocently ask on Betfair live chat:

"If I 'were' to be made bankrupt and I should stress I haven't been, could I still trade" and they took that as a red flag and suspended me for 6 months. At the time, I was devastated but the ban finished on June 30th and I've not even bothered asking them to reopen the account yet lol.
PDC

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm
Back in November, I was experiencing some business issues which I thought 'might' result in HMRC bankrupting me - as it was they didn't and haven't since. Anyway, I happened to innocently ask on Betfair live chat:

"If I 'were' to be made bankrupt and I should stress I haven't been, could I still trade" and they took that as a red flag and suspended me for 6 months. At the time, I was devastated but the ban finished on June 30th and I've not even bothered asking them to reopen the account yet lol.
In gernal what kind of trader would you say you are? I would think the lack of liquidity on Betdaq wouldn't be an issue for someone who swing trades or takes a position as they can absorb the tick you give away on entry and exit with paying lower commissions. But if you are someone who scalps or trades inrunning on horse I can't see how Betdaq would be viable.
iambic_pentameter

I class myself as a swing trader and still with much to learn but you definitely get the moves on their.

With regards to IR, there is some liquidity but it isn't great and that means you are at the mercy of the gods in terms of getting out.

If more people used Betdaq though etc.....!

:mrgreen:
dannn

I had fairly consistent results last few years on Betdaq with my scratching bot (big races only).
Since beginning of this year, my profit also nosedived, I would say around time they introduced 2% commission for everyone.
It looks like they introduced some kind of crossmatching, I am hardly getting matched, usually if price goes against me.
You can hardly see any overround these days on Betdaq, , this was the first thing everyone noticed when Betfair introduced crossmatching many years ago.
BetScalper

iambic_pentameter wrote:
Wed Aug 01, 2018 3:46 pm

Its not just BF that go week at the knees if they hear the word HMRC and bankrupt/bankruptcy.

They always get paid first out of any assets someone has. And nobody likes HMRC asking them how much money they owe or are holding for a bankrupt person.

I know someone that was mucking about and stuck on his Facebook page that he was going bankrupt. Apart from the jokes, he got asked into a meeting by his boss to explain it and then found his bank account blocked for several weeks until he sorted it all out.

You never know who's watching and tracking your online posts.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”