Racing UK to show a large amount of Irish racing online only?

The sport of kings.
invisiblelayer

What a mess if they go online only but its all speculation, in an ideal world for me they'd do away with all build ups and pundits and bookie rep crap, just show the parade ring and racing, don't mind split screens when required. Maybe some tracks will shift to sky racing eventually like Ascot, and I think Chester and Bangor are moving also?
stueytrader

If it does happen Irish racing will look like the current state that US racing is on Betfair....in other words you'll have to look at which of the horses have any money traded on them, with 20 mins to the offtime.... :(
ShaunWhite

stueytrader wrote:
Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:39 am
If it does happen Irish racing will look like the current state that US racing is on Betfair....in other words you'll have to look at which of the horses have any money traded on them, with 20 mins to the offtime.... :(
I can't imagine any situation were the Irish won't be putting their money down somehow.

Remember we didn't even get telly in the bookies until 1986, maybe people have forgotten what it was like when we all had to go to the bookies to listen to a race on the radio. This is amazing compared to that, it'll be just fine.
invisiblelayer

If they do go online only people will still find a way to watch on TV. Most IPTV providers have bookie sections with SiS, Hills, Paddy Power etc all showing racing.
PDC

An article with some more details on the changes to RUK and ATR:

https://www.racingpost.com/sport/sport- ... hop/355467
ANGELS15

PDC wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 pm

I had today's paper copy of the racing post (wish I'd kept hold of it now) it had a very similiar article to the online version above, however it hinted also hinted there was a possibility that the new 'Sky Sports Racing' could faster pictures than attheraces. It didn't elaborate any more though.
ANGELS15

Apologies for typos
invisiblelayer

ANGELS15 wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 5:38 pm
PDC wrote:
Thu Nov 29, 2018 2:56 pm

I had today's paper copy of the racing post (wish I'd kept hold of it now) it had a very similiar article to the online version above, however it hinted also hinted there was a possibility that the new 'Sky Sports Racing' could faster pictures than attheraces. It didn't elaborate any more though.
Really can't see that when it's in the sky sports pack and in HD will be heavily delayed I'd imagine like all the others. We'll see but would be very surprised if it's faster than its current format.
PDC

It won't be in the Sky Sports package, it will remain available to everyone with the basic subscription.....for now.

If they start getting Royal Ascot exclusively and some of the other big meetings away from both RUK and ITV it could end up bundled into the Sky Sports package, I hope not though as I really don't want to have to pay for that as I have no interest in football etc.

As for being in HD, the difference between RUK SD and HD is virtually nothing so hopefully that won't add a further delay.

Not long to find out now.
invisiblelayer

Still under the sky sports umbrella even if free so will be heavily delayed the same as the other channels sky broadcast. Racing UK totally different and it's weird how HD is slightly quicker than SD with them but they don't use the same encryption as sky premium channels so that might have something to do with it and might of slowed SD down to be the same as HD.
Euler

There is no way HD will be faster than the current ATR offering.

Do you remember when you had the red button on ATR? Fastest feed in the west!
invisiblelayer

Remember Matt Williams of the Racing Post chasing answers and getting nothing as to why they stopped with the fast pics behind the red button. Was ages ago now but defiantly did some pieces in the Racing Post about inrunning shops, I'm sure he left not long after to join them
wearthefoxhat

Interesting that RUK may go through the online route. (instead of the TV channel?) If they go that way for all their racing content, I would subscribe in that form as long as the price was similar to the ATR player.

I currently subscribe to ATR through their online TV player. (£9.99 a month) (not sure if it will exist from the new year).

It all seems influx at the moment.
PDC

wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:31 am
I currently subscribe to ATR through their online TV player. (£9.99 a month) (not sure if it will exist from the new year).

What's the picture delay on the online feed v the sky feed?

There isn't long to wait until we hear about the new plans, RUK tomorrow and ATR on Wednesday.
wearthefoxhat

PDC wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 10:42 am
wearthefoxhat wrote:
Fri Nov 30, 2018 9:31 am

What's the picture delay on the online feed v the sky feed?

There isn't long to wait until we hear about the new plans, RUK tomorrow and ATR on Wednesday.
Poor, no advantage there.

I use it more for informational purposes only and reviews.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”