Emmson

Derek27 wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 4:55 pm
Halliday wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 1:20 pm
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Sun Sep 23, 2018 11:54 pm
TEN SOVEREIGNS.

7/1 currently for 2000 Guineas. Think he’s special.

Not antipost fav... we’ll yet.
Not sure he will get the Guineas mile , even his trainer has his doubts ..

“He’s a very fast horse - a lot of speed,” said O’Brien. “He won’t get much further than a mile - if he gets a mile.”

Both him and Jash look more like sprinters and could see either of them winning the Commonwealth Cup at Ascot rather than the Guineas. Bookies seem to agree as he’s between 3/1 and 5/1 for that race next season

Time will tell but wouldn’t want to back either for the Guineas
It's amazing the number of horses that ran in the Guineas, and whether they stayed or not, turned out to be better sprinters. Marwell, Moorestyle, Stravinsky to name a few. The Guineas certainly lures owners and trainers into taking their chances but with the newish Commonwealth Cup and supporting group sprints for 3-y-os you would think there'd be less incentive.
Ajdal topped all of them in 1987, ran in 2000 guineas and then the Derby before becoming champion sprinter.
Derek27

Emmson wrote:
Sun Sep 30, 2018 7:52 pm
Ajdal topped all of them in 1987, ran in 2000 guineas and then the Derby before becoming champion sprinter.
I started work a few years earlier and stopped following racing until 1997.

Funnily enough, I can remember 1981 (Shergar, Glint Of Gold, To-Agori-Mou, King's Lake, Ardross, Sharpo) better than I can remember last year. It's the older memories that get engraved onto your brain.
baby 3000.jpg
:D :D :D
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
elofan0

though Ten sovereigns didnt win by far the time was great compared to recent runnings :)
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
SeaHorseRacing

elofan0 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 3:35 pm
though Ten sovereigns didnt win by far the time was great compared to recent runnings :)
Yes. I have the best for quite some time too

The first two were 3.5vlengths ahead of the rest over 6 furlongs is a big margin.
elofan0

He isnt entered in the derby so far so i assume hes a speed horse possibly heading for the st james palace after the 2000 guineas ... i got 8/1 for the 2000 guineas though i only put £10 on ... the rowley mile will be a test but hopefully he'll improve by then :)
SeaHorseRacing

elofan0 wrote:
Mon Oct 01, 2018 4:01 pm
He isnt entered in the derby so far so i assume hes a speed horse possibly heading for the st james palace after the 2000 guineas ... i got 8/1 for the 2000 guineas though i only put £10 on ... the rowley mile will be a test but hopefully he'll improve by then :)

If you take away the second horse on Saturday. There is 4 lengths between 1st and 3rd. This hasn’t happened on the middle Park in 10 years.

It’s either a super weak renewal or the first two are top class.

He should run in dewhurst in two weeks. If he does he definetly go Guineas assuming he’s in the first 2.
🤞
SeaHorseRacing

For those concerned about the 1 mile. Churchill who won the Guineas started over 6f. He’s entered for Dewhurst. If he wasn’t a miler he will 100% not run in the dewhurst.
elofan0

The rise to the top has been a rapid one for Ten Sovereigns, who made his racecourse debut just over a month ago. In a 36-day period the colt has notched three victories, his latest a half-length defeat of Jash under Donnacha O'Brien, who was completing a treble on the card.
Ten Sovereigns certainly passed the Group 1 litmus test, as he travelled powerfully under O'Brien before coming to the front with over a furlong left to run. He was joined by Jash and the pair pulled clear of the field in the manner of two smart performers.
It might be the last time racegoers see Ten Sovereigns this year, with O'Brien of the opinion that the colt has done a lot in a short period of time, although he is entered for the Darley Dewhurst Stakes back at the course next month.

"He's not long out since he started and we rushed two runs in together," the trainer said. "He just about made this one back and I think to be fair to him the best thing would be to leave him alone."
SeaHorseRacing

Thanks for that. Very impressive to achieve what he has in such a short period of time.

🤞 he runs in the Guineas
elofan0

SeaHorseRacing

Halliday wrote:
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
TEN SOVEREIGNS.

“He’s a very fast horse - a lot of speed,” said O’Brien. “He won’t get much further than a mile - if he gets a mile.”

Both him and Jash look more like sprinters and could see either of them winning the Commonwealth Cup at Ascot rather than the Guineas. Bookies seem to agree as he’s between 3/1 and 5/1 for that race next season

O'Brien said: "Although we stated after his Middle Park win that Ten Sovereigns was probably finished for the season, he came out of the race very well and it's quite possible he will go to the Dewhurst. We're thinking about it, and a decision will be made probably on Wednesday."
Halliday

SeaHorseRacing wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 pm
Halliday wrote:
SeaHorseRacing wrote:
TEN SOVEREIGNS.

O'Brien said: "Although we stated after his Middle Park win that Ten Sovereigns was probably finished for the season, he came out of the race very well and it's quite possible he will go to the Dewhurst. We're thinking about it, and a decision will be made probably on Wednesday."

Could be a cracking race if the Non O’Brien trained runners stand their ground..he has eight of the twelve hirers declared !!
Halliday

Incidentally full sister to Ten Sovereigns and full brother to Too Darn Hot up for sale at Tattersall’s later this week.

Lot 103
b f No Nay Never - Seeking Solace (Exceed And Excel)
Consigned by Camas Park Stud

No Nay Never's blistering start at stud, with 25 winners and five stakes scorers among his debut two-year-olds, has meant his second crop have been in huge demand already this sales season, with his yearlings fetching as much as €700,000.

And things could reach yet more dizzying heights when this filly takes her turn in the ring on Tuesday, as she is a sister to the sire's leading light, Ten Sovereigns.

Her older brother is simply listed as 'in training' in the catalogue, but has packed a huge amount in since the publication date, winning all three starts in the manner of a horse destined for greatness, including the Round Tower Stakes and the Group 1 Middle Park Stakes on his latest start.

Lot 325
b c Dubawi - Dar Re Mi (Singspiel)
Watership Down Stud

This colt brings huge star potential to the Tattersalls ring, as not only is he by one of the world's best stallions and out of a three-time Group 1-winning mare, his already deep page has been subject to some major recent enhancements.

He is a brother to Too Darn Hot, simply listed as 'in training' in the catalogue but now the winner of three races, including the Solario and Champagne Stakes. He produced deeply impressive performances in those heats and is a warm order for Saturday's Group 1 Dewhurst

Moreover, this colt is also a brother to Lah Ti Dar, who has added a ten-length romp in the Listed Galtres Stakes and a fine second in the St Leger to her race record since the catalogue's publication.

With Too Darn Hot favourite for next year's 2,000 Guineas and Derby, and Lah Ti Dar due to stay in training in 2018, there is no telling what this colt's pedigree could look like in 12 months' time.
elofan0

I think he raced Ten sovereigns too many times in a short time so maybe we will see a different horse in the guineas who knows ... one thing i would say is the Jockey had him switched off at a good crusing speed before letting him go in his last race where as the 2nd was being deployed a lot earlier ... they both drew away from their field but Ten sovereigns jockey did look like he was confident he was on the winner :)
SeaHorseRacing

I’m really sure Ten Sovereigns is Ballydoyles number 1 Guineas hope and I think him running on Saturday is the confirmation they want.
They want the proof he’s a Guineas horse before the end of the season and the fact he’s going run again at a Newmarket shows they want Guineas with him.

Plenty of G1s over 6/7f he could of run over in Ireland but they’ve now opted for two Newmarket group races.

Very interesting. Think donnacha will stay on and Ryan rides Van Dyk on Sat.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”