Breeder's Cup

The sport of kings.
Dallas

Naffman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:50 pm
Enable laid heavily so far
Got my best trade of the 'Cup' from that race, started really early to get onto 'Enables' drift
Naffman

Not expecting much from the Classic
gazuty

Small amusements. I got one of those scam sms messages telling me my credit card had been hacked at 4 am (my time). :shock:

Thought Id check in on the bots and the breeders cup. But then checking in realised I had forgotten my subscription expired last night. I already had purchased my new serial number so a quick trip downstairs to the study in the dark, fire up the desk top, input the new serial number and reset guardian.

So for once the scammers were helpful.
Euler

I did a bit but pretty tired tbh so half hearted effort for me!
Dallas

I could barely get anything through on the 'Classic'
JTEDL

Quite like the horse number/colour moving about at the bottom of the Betfair stream, it's almost like watching the in play trader screen!
Derek27

Naffman wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:19 pm
Not expecting much from the Classic
I don't know why I get excited over big races as though money's going to be handed to me on a plate, but the market barely moved for me to get any decent trades in.
Naffman

Amazing to see how far the big Aussie meetings have come compared to the Breeders Cup

Still I enjoyed it, especially seen as the races didn't turn in play till about 5 seconds after the jump
PDC

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:01 pm
I don't know why I get excited over big races as though money's going to be handed to me on a plate, but the market barely moved for me to get any decent trades in.
As I said on the forum the other day about the BC, prepare to be disappointed and having looked at a few markets yesterday I soon turned off the PC and just watched it on TV. It is important to remember that you don't have to trade everything and to focus on where you know you can do well and this week for me it is going to be down under which requires resting up.

On the whole I dislike big race meetings. They get over hyped on here and elsewhere imo and are often talked about like they are make or break for the season etc but really imo they are just the cherry on top. You need to be focusing on the day in day out stuff as that is where most people are going to make most of their money, not these few select days of racing.

They are actually quite dangerous I think as they have become self fulfilling in terms of having to use large stakes to make them worth the effort as there is so much money stacked up in the markets, think Cheltenham, this leads to people who perhaps are not experienced enough using stakes much bigger than they should/are comfortable with using and normal trading discipline goes out the window as everything is ratcheted up.

These big race meetings are vastly more suited to the likes of Peter who has been trading for years and has no issues with switching from a £100 stake to a £10,000 stake. Just look at the other week where he put over £500,000 through the market in one day. You don't do those sorts of figures on the stake sizes that most traders use and you don't do it year after year without feeling 100% comfortable with it.

But imo others feel like they should be using much larger stakes than they are comfortable to because of all the hype that surrounds these big meetings and they think they can turn up and trade them like any other meeting they do not realise that they trade very very differently and you only have a few occasions a year to practice trading them.

For me, the big meetings are as I said at the start, the cherry on top, I don't get hung up about them like others do and tbh I am usually fed up of Cheltenham before it even starts as we now have the next near on 5 months where everything just about is focused to those few days.
SeaHorseRacing

Had my best ever Breeders’ cup. Good start backing Bulletin at 9/1. Appears I didn’t miss anything on the trading front..
It’s so much more fun to sit and watch with a few beers and a takeaway then to trade it and worth the money too imo.

I just have to wait another year until it starts again! 🐎
Derek27

I'm glad somebody enjoyed it. :)

I really enjoyed watching Enable swing round the home turn and up the straight - what a mare!

Unfortunately, that was the limit of my enjoyment.
Naffman

All starts again tomorrow - but I'll just be trading the Saturday (first race 5.05 and first BC race 6.55)

I remember I was cautious with the lack of UK runners and an open Classic but this year looks a little better
Derek27

It's gonna be a long night if you're trading Friday, just a few hours before Australia.
Naffman

Yeah I've found the Friday really isnt worth it
Wolf1877

I dont usually look at US races. Slightly confused as to why Santa Anita is live on Sky but seemingly event not listed on Betfair.
Am I missing something or are some US meetings excluded?

Return to “Trading Horse racing”