The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

Derek27 wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:46 pm
spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:41 pm
If a pro like oliver gets confused what hope is there for the rest of us :(
I forgot he was a pro. ;)
I nearly made that comment last night. 9yrs inplay trading and he's not sussed this out? I thought he was just having a laugh.

And he might consider upgrading from ATR to carrier pigeon, it's quicker.

Back in 2013 he was talking about writing a book about BF on here because he knew all about it..... I wonder what happened to that?
megarain

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:28 pm
A couple of weeks ago I was at Lingfleld at a hospitality day in a box directly level with the finish line.
I had my programs running as normal on my VPS..

For one of the races, a Jockey took the party I was in down to the last fence from home (prob 100-200 yards from the line)
Although the intention of the jockey was to enable us to take a photo as the horses jumped the last, I had my VPS displayed as I wanted to see what the prices were doing. I held the phone up as though I was taking a photo, but I could see the phone screen and the fence in my view
I had a perfect view with a true live image.
As the horses jumped, the horse who was very slightly in the lead (maybe half a length if that) touched circa 1.15
Now, assuming that no-one had an advantage to beat the one second delay (and I wouldn't put my life savings on that!), then they must have placed the bets as the horses started to jump. is that value? not in my book (work the cross match price out on the second thats where my money would be)
We all know that the first to jump doesn't always win...so there's a strategy there if someone is interested! ;)
Regards
Peter
I havent been to Lingfield in a while, but, maybe 2-3 yrs ago, there were a number of options :

1. Rent a hospitality box, supplied with v fast internet lines, and trade. Cost 175 gbp per day. Normally 6-10 people to a box. Maybe 2 boxes.
You would still win decent sums, but, after all the travel, PC, wear and tear, u wonder whether its worth it.

2. Rent a Hilton hotel room .. facing the course .. the 3rd floor, east wing, is about 150 yrd from winning line. Trade from the balcony.
You would still win decent sums, but, after all the travel, PC, wear and tear, u wonder whether its worth it .. but, at least u had a place to sleep.

3.Get a bookies licence, and trade off the live video screen. This was the preferred route, but then they delayed the screens.

4.Intercept the video feed remotely. Probably illegal.

Just saying, theres many options, but, the majority have been mined to death. In-running liquidity, has just been killed off, .. due largely, to the above.
LinusP

The [200ms] delay / processing is no more as per streaming shows us.

Peter, what was your delay on getting the prices? :D I was at Fontwell on Boxing Day and I couldn’t even get the betfair app up let alone a VPS connection through 4G.
Bonnie

There's a thread on the Betfair racing forum saying that Betfair Live Video has got much faster in the past few days. Nobody seems to know how this has happened but BLV is ahead of RUK and nearly level with facetime pictures at certain tracks.
ShaunWhite

Bonnie wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 9:21 pm
There's a thread on the Betfair racing forum saying that Betfair Live Video has got much faster in the past few days. Nobody seems to know how this has happened but BLV is ahead of RUK and nearly level with facetime pictures at certain tracks.
I've always found it to be delayed about 1.5-2.0s. I haven't measured it lately, what delay are you getting?
napshnap

Bonnie wrote:
Here is this thread: http://community.betfair.com/horse_raci ... speeded-up
ANGELS15

ShaunWhite wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 2:58 am
Bonnie wrote:
I've always found it to be delayed about 1.5-2.0s. I haven't measured it lately, what delay are you getting?
That's interesting. I've always tended to use the Betfair mobile app. I find typically a 7 - 15 second delay with pictures. I often trade from bookies just to use their pictures as I find the SIS is typically around 3 seconds behind.
PDC

Bonnie wrote:
I use BF LV for every race both ATR and RUK and have seen no difference in the speed of pictures. BFLV is still slightly behind RUK (SD) and BFLV is still well ahead of ATR. My TV pictures are received via satellite.

If there has been a change (that I am not receiving) I would think it is to do with changes ahead of the big changes to ATR and RUK which come into place on 01/01/2019.

I will have a read of the BF forum thread in case I am missing something.
oliver123

As for the paltry comments of two simpletons on this thread, regarding me, I'll just reconfirm, I've been on Betfair/Bet Angel for nearly thirteen years. You think I didn't know about buffering/delays in in-play racing? I was simply putting out a thread for discussion - that's all. And just for the record, I traded 34 races yesterday and won 33. Not bad for someone who doesn't know how to win as opposed to most people . . . And another point just for the record. This shall be my last comment on this forum. Good luck to all members and a happy new year!
PeterLe

megarain wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 4:54 pm

I havent been to Lingfield in a while, but, maybe 2-3 yrs ago, there were a number of options :...
Yes I was at Lingfield 4 years or so and I was talking-to one of the on course bookies; he pointed out the pavilion on the left side of the course and said that where the on track guys go. I didnt see anyone around there this time, so maybe they are in one of the boxes these days as you say.

My take on the courtsiders are that if they are prepared to go to that amount of effort then they deserve it. Good luck to them, I know not everyone feels that way though.
LinusP wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 5:44 pm

Peter, what was your delay on getting the prices? :D I was at Fontwell on Boxing Day and I couldn’t even get the betfair app up let alone a VPS connection through 4G.
Hi Liam, when you say the delay on getting the prices, do you mean displayed on my phone (ie from VPS to phone) or from the VPS to Betfair. If you mean the former, not sure how I could tell other than, looking at when the market was suspended in relation to the off. That was fairly instantaneous.
If its the latter, I haven't checked the ping time lately, but confident that it is good
PDC

PDC wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 11:08 am
Bonnie wrote:
I use BF LV for every race both ATR and RUK and have seen no difference in the speed of pictures. BFLV is still slightly behind RUK (SD) and BFLV is still well ahead of ATR. My TV pictures are received via satellite.

If there has been a change (that I am not receiving) I would think it is to do with changes ahead of the big changes to ATR and RUK which come into place on 01/01/2019.

I will have a read of the BF forum thread in case I am missing something.
I am seeing no difference in speed of Sky TV pictures to the BF LV that hasn't been there for as long as I can remember. BFLV remains slightly behind RUK and BFLV is about 5 seconds ahead of ATR.

So unless everything has been speed up, i.e. BFLV is now 1 second faster but also RUK is 1 second faster and ATR are 1 second faster I don't see what has changed and what all the people on the BF forum thread are talking about in terms of faster BFLV.

Is anyone seeing anything different to me?
PeterLe

PeterLe wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 1:28 pm
...so there's a strategy there if someone is interested! ;)
:roll: Merry Christmas by the way!
LIng.jpeg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
superfrank

PDC wrote:
Sun Dec 30, 2018 1:10 pm
I am seeing no difference in speed of Sky TV pictures to the BF LV that hasn't been there for as long as I can remember. BFLV remains slightly behind RUK and BFLV is about 5 seconds ahead of ATR.
Same for me. I use BFLV for ATR races and RTV via Sky satellite for the rest. Haven't noticed any change either.
invisiblelayer

Betfair forum probably best for info on this if you cut through all the crap. Only those with facetimed pictures could give you a definate answer with ATR tracks as those without are guessing, will it stay like this though once Sky Racing kicks in or will it be delayed again? Few days time will find out but its good news really for people getting involved in ATR tracks Inplay.
PDC

The only change I can think of that may have happened is that both ATR and/or RUK have sped up but so has BFLV by the exact same amount of time which would explain why it can't be noticed unless you compare again the Facetimers and those oncourse.

IMO nothing has changed at all and I think the BF forum posters have been on the Christmas booze ;)

Return to “Trading Horse racing”