Beginners Luck Or have something??

The sport of kings.
elecotop

Hey

I dabbled in trading pre-race last year 2017, with hardly any success didn't really give it a real go tho...

NOW
Since November I've been researching how the markets work every day, many late nights, I'm still having late nights.. been watching many many videos on youtube looking for clues trying to work out why they entered the market in the first place, looking on almost every site out there almost all day all night no live trades while doing this since November...

Now I'm in live markets last 3 days and think I'm just being lucky since boxing day

I'm looking at every race... but I just watch the markets and wait for what I think is an opportunity... some I just watch right before the off and don't see anything so I just move on the next.

Since boxing day I've traded 18 pre-race markets and small losses on 5 of them still leaving me in decent profit... I know its just started and time will tell...

My question is am I just being lucky or do you think after weeks researching the whole net and learning logical and only taking bits of info that I think valid.... its possible.

I'm thinking its kinda of easy... I have seen a couple of times while researching that trading can be easy when you know what your doing :D

Most of its just sticking with your plan and not getting sidetracked right?

Would love to hear from you veteran traders

Oh Im swing trading with last 5 mins or so... as the money comes in.
spreadbetting

I think you're just finding the old adage of "the harder you work, the luckier you become" is actually true ;)
Derek27

Three days is far too early to draw firm conclusions one way or another, but it does sound positive.

I reckon most traders in the early days will have gone through a purple patch where you think you've cracked it only to find it all goes pear-shaped further down the line. Conversely, I had many losing spells that hurt my confidence and made me wonder if I can ever succeed but I've always come out of it. The first year or so of trading can be very turbulent. I think the key is to just keep doing what you're doing consistently, try not to let your emotions get you overexcited when you're doing well or despondent when you have a bad few days. Review your mistakes and learn from them when things go wrong and hopefully after a period of time your P/L will speak for itself.

Good luck.
ShaunWhite

spreadbetting wrote:
Sat Dec 29, 2018 3:43 pm
I think you're just finding the old adage of "the harder you work, the luckier you become" is actually true ;)
I think he'll also find a new definition of hard work if he's done a few late nights since November and thinks that's working hard. :D

It's a decent start, but take stock after 3 months rather than 3 days. Making a few quid is pretty easy, doing it day in day out is the tough bit.

Return to “Trading Horse racing”