Question for the Experts

The sport of kings.
ShaunWhite

ruthlessimon wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm
I know Callum's right; but at the same time, he aint turning down 1to1 with either Peter or Dallas to discuss his strategies
All opinions are worth hearing, experience tells you which are worth heeding.

Re your comment though, Peter and Dallas might be 'the' guys.....if you (plan to) trade like Peter or Dallas. They'd be the first to admit they aren't the masters of every discipline and their methods are largely a lifestyle choice because they both like watching sport and aren't especially technical. I'm 180 degrees different and most of what they do sounds like pergatory to me, I'd be happy on 10% of their wages and have enjoyable days rather than doing what they do. I obvioulsy wouldn't pass up the chance to meet them, but neither would I expect it to particularly change my life.
ruthlessimon

ShaunWhite wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 4:16 pm
All opinions are worth hearing, experience tells you which are worth heeding.

Re your comment though, Peter and Dallas might be 'the' guys.....if you (plan to) trade like Peter or Dallas. They'd be the first to admit they aren't the masters of every discipline and their methods are largely a lifestyle choice because they both like watching sport and aren't especially technical. I'm 180 degrees different and most of what they do sounds like pergatory to me, I'd be happy on 10% of their wages and have enjoyable days rather than doing what they do. I obvioulsy wouldn't pass up the chance to meet them, but neither would I expect it to particularly change my life.
That's the thing, (& you'll know this more than anyone ;) ) my skill set isn't naturally tailored for data handling & analysis, unlike yourself (i.e. I didn't think lay prices were important!!).

I just know that a quantitative backbone is paramount to any sort of success (for a pure quant, or a market reader) - hence why I've spent so much time improving myself in this area.

Also, remember I came to trading because of the opportunity - not because I had skills which complement the opportunity
Gauss

My simple answer to OP’s question would be to keep recording and keep studying and never ever give up.
CallumPerry

ruthlessimon wrote:
Tue Jan 08, 2019 3:40 pm
I know Callum's right; but at the same time, he aint turning down 1to1 with either Peter or Dallas to discuss his strategies

We all know you applied for the competition! :D
I absolutely did not pass that opportunity aha good learning resources are difficult to come by, to learn from one of the best is something I had to apply for... still waiting for the next lot of courses too. Or perhaps a personal invite to come down as I am so polite and try my hardest to contribute to the community ;) ;)

I'm happy to learn as much as I can from the naturally talented order flow followers and from the technical analysis sort. I think I fall somewhere in the middle so gain good, relevant knowledge from both ends. Learned as much from traders on this forum (yourself and Shaun included obviously) as outside of it.
cookyweb

I just wanted to say thank you for all the replies, this forum is brilliant because whatever the question, no matter how silly it seems you always give really well worded and thought out answers.

Whenever I've posted I've come away thinking about things differently and feeling boosted.

Thanks everyone!

Return to “Trading Horse racing”